[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Chryslers in the Canyon V: Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:55 pm 

What: Chryslers in the Canyon V
When: Saturday, October 12th, 2013 10 AM-3:40 PM
Where: Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Mack Dick Pavilion
How Much: $5 per person park entry fee, the show remains FREE

Flyer:

Chryslers in the Canyon V is building on the success of past events and looking to bring out even more cars and make for yet another great time!

CIC is a true, grass-roots event that eliminates all the politics and bs found and most "car shows." CIC is also 100% MOPAR.

In addition to giving you perhaps the best and most scenic location you could imagine for a car show, we also do this for FREE. That's right...you pay nothing to enter your car. When was the last time you attended a car show and didn't pay an entry fee? When was the last time you attended an all MOPAR show and didn't get docked $50-$75? That is just one of the ways we turn things upside down. As for awards...if you are used to having your car overlooked due to a small handful of locals that win everything, everywhere have we got a treat for you. Chryslers in the Canyon flips the bird to the establishment and presents awards based on the car, not the owner, or what the owner does. Think your ratty A-Body can't win anything? Think again! The way we set things up all cars have a chance to win and we do our best to not have repeat winners, thus opening the door for more folks to be enshrined in the Winner's Circle. You could literally show up as an unknown Moparian and walk away with the top honors.

Aside from our trend of bucking convention, we also offer up several other CIC only perks. When you arrive in the canyon we video you in your Mopar coming downhill and entering the lot. We vary the location of the shooting every year to keep things unique. Similarly, upon pulling in to the lot you will be greeted by a lady with a giant camera. This is Della, our pro photographer. In addition to snapping shots of you and your Mopar as you pull in, Della will shoot pictures covering the entire event. Should you decide to cash in on your surroundings, just have Della ride shotgun to your pick of locations around the park and she will do an on-site photo shoot. Last year, we even had a few families wind up with some great family photos.

If you still aren't convinced CIC is the place to be, you also have the chance to have your car featured in Chrysler Power and Performance Mopars Magazine! Chrysler Power will be back for their second year at CIC and in addition to them covering the event, the 2 Winners of the Chrysler Power Awards, Best Classic Mopar and Best Modern Mopar, will have their cars featured as well.

Depending on when you come in and how long you stay, we will make sure you have a great time both BEFORE and AFTER CIC as well. As we learn who is coming, from where, and when we will set up lunch and dinner to accommodate you. Burgers in downtown Amarillo, mexican food around town, or even a trip to the World Famous Big Texan Steak Ranch can all be arranged.

Chryslers in the Canyon remains totally unique on the Mopar show circuit and continues to grow via grass roots means. We welcome you and your family to join us this October for yet another great time. Once you have attended CIC we are sure you will put it on your annual calendar.

If you are interested, please register for the show:
http://www.amarilloareamopars.com/cicvregistration

This will allow us to structure parking and awards as best we can.

Feel free to monitor the CIC Webpage for updates, or sign up on the AAM Forum to stay in the loop. We look forward to seeing you and your Mopar at Chryslers in the Canyon V 8-)

I should have my M10 there. We have another red stripe in town, but he has been MIA for awhile. If I could get him out ,we would just need a sliver stripe to complete the trinity. That said, why not play it safe and make multiple trios? The scenery is top notch and you will get once in a lifetime pictures if you attend. If you have any questions, let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:18 am 

That would almost be worth it for the Mexican food alone! Work is winding down up here, I may be on the move this spring. We'll have to see how close we land to Texas. Sure would like to make it back to the canyon.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm 

Beginning to look like I might be relocating to Albuquerque this summer. Had a job offer, just waiting to see how things turn out up here. It would be nice getting back to the neighborhood.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm 

Get there before June! It would be an easy drive over from ABQ and you might be able to bring some more folks with you. The mexican food goes distinctly more south of the border and less Tex-Mex by ABQ. Amarillo is only 4 hrs away. I know an awesome place in Hereford.

I say June bc that is when they have their big show in Rio Rancho:
http://www.amarilloareamopars.com/phpBB ... f=6&t=3724

Haven't made the post yet, but have it up there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:18 am 

Rio Rancho is where I was targeting.I have several friends there. It should be the May-June time frame when I find out what their going to do up here. I'm working on the 787 that just got grounded. It looks like a "No money down" car lot up here except these things take up about 30 parking spaces apiece. :lol:

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 am 

Nice, keep us posted! Perfect timing for the show season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 pm 

http://chryslersinthecanyon.amarilloare ... yon-v.html

Check it out...to help solicit pre-registrations blcd74 has put up a certificate to get a custom sketch of your Mopar! Pre-Registration is easy, free, non-committal and mainly helps me know how to structure awards and classes.

This very well could be our best chance to get a Trinity shot. I know they keep falling short on the east and west coasts..why not do it in the Heartland? I've not seen the guy in town that had a red Striped M10 in a long time.

That said, I will be there with Blue 152...Anyone else care to join me?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 am 

Anyone up for this? I am dead serious about getting the Trinity Shot. I know we'd have to have other M10 owners to account for Red and Silver between here and ABQ, Denver, OKC, and the DFW area...at max you are looking at 7 hours or so...The canyon is just a 4 hour drive from ABQ or OKC. I guarantee you will have fun and I bet we won't have any trouble impressing the folks at Mopar with the Trinity Shot taken in the canyon 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 am 

Here is the latest push:
http://www.mopar10registry.com/2013/08/ ... tober.html

I will do anything I can to help get you and your Mopar 10 to Chryslers in the Canyon V. I want us to get the Trinity Shot and I will personally guarantee you will have a great time. Whatever I can do to help get you here just let me know. Great event, incredible location, and a guaranteed good time....oh, and it is free.

Who's up for making history?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]