[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - New Owner, What performance can I expect and what upgrades

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:38 pm 

I think its worth it.
I definitely think its the way the factory should have finished off the M10. That's why I went with the Mopar Springs over the other brands. Its a bit anal I know but it does keep within the theme.

I just need to save my pennies now for the long tube non cat headers.
I also have booked in track testing time for a few weeks away weather dependent so will be posting results from that once I have them (all going well).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:54 am 

I agree.

These cars were worthy of the best in the catalog...

The standard "corporate" complaint is that "some don't want a lowered car" or "the exhaust can't be too loud" just kill me. No one buys a car like this to be quiet and navigate the crappiest streets in the city...You buy it to baby it, and yet to drive the crap out of it. If you want low key, quiet, and bump friendly you aren't looking at an R/T Challenger in the first place...

I'm the same way on the springs...I do wish there were different finishing options...you know, blue, red, and silver :lol: The Eibach's might have looked cool on your car, but only the most discerning eye will catch those things and you'd really have to be at the right angle...It'll mainly just be other Challenger owners who are contemplating lowering their own that will inquire.

Definitely keep us posted on the mod updates and track time! Someday I'll probably lower my M10 to your standards :lol: That rear wheel well gap is the main driving factor for me, the more aggressive stance and any added handling benefits are just icing on the cake.

Hope you enjoy it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:04 pm 

Hi Everyone,
Back again.
Its been a long time. But all good things take time.
Lots of crusin miles on the M10. So really enjoying it.
Been saving and time for the next upgrades.
I installed a diablo tune and needless to say, very disappointing. All I have found it good for is modifying some parameters (thermostat) and that's been about it.
I did try the shift firmness but found that pretty average and not really noticeable.
I think this product has a lot of hype but not really proven in real results. A lot of people comment on "it feels better" but the mind plays tricks. I dynoed results and track tested but found no difference.
So, good for basics imo.
New mods to be installed over the next month are a "TransformerZ". This looks promising and enables you to actually set shift points and firmness.
Looks like a simple install so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and will report back once it is done.
My other upgrade is Long tube headers with no cats.
I'm really looking forward to these. They are just about here so hopefully a Xmas/New year install.
Everything I've read says these are a good HP bolt on. So here's hoping.
After this I wont be doing much for a while as I need to save for the next item (a big value one) so will just enjoy the car till then.
Hope all is well out there in M10 world.
Happy Cruzin and happy Xmas to all

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:54 am 

Glad to hear you are enjoying the M10! Keep us posted on the TransformerZ install. I don't think a canned tune is worth a whole lot, but it is a little something...I could note the difference in the timing/exhaust. It'll pay the most dividends with a custom tune with your upcoming long tube and catless mids.

Keep us posted on all the upgrades and enjoy the "summer' Christmas for us, lol.

We had snow on the 23rd, I think Christmas day is to be mid 60s, but with 40 mph wind...pretty much par around here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 pm 

Back again,
So since the last post here we go.

I have just added a set of BBK ceramic coated long tube headers and non cat mids to my Mopar 10.
Exhaust note is a lot better, power increase is good as well as noticeable and its yet was to still be tuned. I have since purchased and uploaded a Hemi Fever Tune, (more on this soon).
The original exhaust set up is pathetic for a modern day car. They should be more like the SRT.

Had some issues with the headers and mids though so on a point score of 1-10 with 10 being amazing I would give them a 5.

The headers are oval port and not D port as per the heads on my car.
They say it makes no difference but... my opinion is port matched is always better.
I also found the O2 sensors in the mids were right where the trans mount was. It was hopeless so I had a exhaust shop relocate them further forward so the sensors and cel eliminators would fit. (these are brilliant and I have had no error codes since the install and have not had to turn anything off.

They sent the wrong bolts for the headers so I had to go and purchase new ones from a hardware store. Not ideal as would have preferred the correct bolts and it meant delays and extra costs.
The oil tube extender was also missing.
Lastly the mid pipes were of two different lengths. One was approx 1 inch smaller. The result was instead of a bolt in I had to take it to the exhaust shop to get welded in place as the pipes was to short to apply the clamps.

I sent feedback and requests to BBK re all of this and basically got told, we've never experienced this before. Its been passed on to tech. :evil:

Never got the correct bolts nor a reimbursement for the additional $300 it cost me to get things fixed up.
So, they look very good (not that you can see them with the bonnet up), do make a difference, however I would probably get a different brand if I was in the market again. Price wise is good but quality on my purchase was very poor in the areas mentioned. It should have bee a easy bolt up and go.
I will post picks once I get the car on a hoist.

I did the install with the help of a friend. It was a major PITA. But cheaper than getting a shop to do all the work. If you have the time and patience and tools you can do it your self. If not, spend the money and save the frustrations.

The car now with the Hemi fever tune, is quieter than it was after the install without.
I am happy so far with the Hemi fever tune. I don't know how it will effect 1/4 mile times but hope to find out in April when the next drags are on. I ran it without the Hemi Fever Tune at the drags just after I had installed the headers. The car ran a best of 13.3 with most consistent 13.4/13.5. I had wheel spin off the line and had to use traction control to get going so it will definitely do better.
I am hoping the Hemi Fever Tune gives me a better time. I might also try and get a dyno run in so I can compare with my original dyno run.
You always hope for better results and when ever you do a mod think...Yeah that's better, but often I believe its wishful thinking.Ha ha.

So far I am happy with the exhaust upgrade and Hemi fever tune as said, but I am very happy with the Tranzformer shift improver. I will try some of the other features soon but bang for buck, this is awesome. I have increased my daily driving shift points up a bit and like the former shifts, but.... the manual stick shift select is awesome!
Have increased to 95% and 6k shift point. Put it in manual shift, floor it and let it go. 6k revs, it shifts, no hesitation and constant every time. I love this feature. For consistency its amazing.
So will use my old tyres for the drags hopefully so I can get them sticky and hope to get a better launch.

Thinking of ordering now some 1/2 covers for the rockers from Steve White Motors of Ebay and also changing out my rims to some Torque Thrust M's as my Mopar rims are getting stone chipped to buggery (doesn't take much so will shelve them).

After this its big save up time as I'm still contemplating a Maggie Super Charger down the line. Should then be complete. (LOL) :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 am 

Wheel the wheels and half covers have been ordered. Shipping to a US/NZ imported then to my address. Freight is so expensive shipping overseas. :evil:

Yeah I was very disappointed re the headers. I still have received nothing not even the missing bits as stated so personally I would give BBK a wide birth. Anyone who doesn't stand behind their product isn't worth dealing with.
I have nothing to gain re the statements I have made and they could have always asked for photographic proof which I was happy to supply.
I will try and get some shots and post them on forums to warn others. Its pretty bad IMO. :evil: :evil:

Apart from that, still crusin lots so having heaps of fun in the car.
And that's the main thing. :D

Hope all is going well for everyone out there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:52 pm 

Do you have the wheels and half covers yet? Freight on car parts is ridiculous here too...Outside of a few old school and really large outlets, places charge 2-3x the shipping rates AND THEN stick you for handling, or processing fees...I think several companies probably make more on the shipping than the actual part sale.

I ship stuff daily and can check rates on UPS and FedEx in minutes...Somehow I can ship the same box at the same value for $18 and the retailers need $54 to get it to me...I can only imagine how much that perpetuates itself with an overseas venture.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:44 pm 

Hi,
No still waiting on rims and half covers. The should be on the water soon and then a few months away after that. To get cheap freight, I cant be in a hurry LOL.
Yeah I also think a lot of companies make a huge mark up on freight and agree they probably make more on freight than on the actual product.
Its sad, the almighty $ rules.
I have just done a trip and run with my car after installing my hemi fever tune (after my header install.
I think the car went ok but would love to get others input if they wish.
I did a 1000 mile round trip, economy was good at about 460 miles on a tank.
I did several runs down the track and with traction issues being there (but I did get better as the day went on and I got used to the car) I did a best at the end of the day of 13.2 @ 105mph.
Mph was very consistent always being around the 105. Reaction time and 60 foot was had some variances which effect times.
However most consistency was around 13.4 area.
How does this compare with others?
I've had some people say this is slow and I should be in the high 12's on a stock RT, yet most I've seen these cars run high 13's or even 14's.
So I'm not sure.
On the day I ran the car on street tyres @25psi
Only mods that would increase performance are:
The Long tube headers, the Hemi Fever custom tune (as result of the headers) and the Tranzformer shift reprogram where I have increased shift firmness and shift pint to 6000 rpm.
Thoughts and feedback appreciated from all.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3