[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - New Owner, What performance can I expect and what upgrades

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:09 am 

Wow,
Thanks. I just about made a big mistake then by nearly ordering standard stage 1 Mopar springs.
As always your knowledge is appreciated.
I will have to find out what are the right lowering springs for the car.
1 inch drop is all Im after.

Yeah I agree. Its kind of like they went all out on the looks and appeal of the M10 then got scared.
A few more horse power numbers under the hood factory, maybe even a performance diff ratio (Is our diffs LS?)
Definitely cat back exhaust and I do agree a little lower in the ride height from factory would have been good.
Its a great looking car but the ride height is very SUV looking.

Still I guess that's what personal touches are all about.
Ill let you know how I get on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:07 pm 

You can run the springs, but you'll just want get the other components as well. It just sucks because of the extra cost...if a buddy brought in a similar R/T without the STP etc he could spend for just the springs and be fine.

Some people have done just the springs on the Nivomats out back, but it can't be the right way to go about it.

I think any of the springs would give you what you want...Mopar, Eibach, or Hotchkiss. I'm a bit overkill and would prob go with the color I like best, haha.

A lot of folks go with the coilovers, but I don't know how far they are dropping them and what their local roads are like.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 am 

Well my car has arrived in NZ.
It is currently sitting 60 miles from me in the importers yard and has been in NZ since 21st of March.
Hold up with customs and vehicle inspection clearances.
I hope to get it some time next week and have it all road certified by the end of the week in time for some good driving.
Pity its coming into winter here :-(
Buy Ill still drive it :-) :lol:
Ill complete updates as it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm 

Well Mopar 10 number 246 is finally in my garage and what a trip its had. (Red stripe Auto).
From Bosak Dodge (who were absolutely fantastic and I recommend them to anyone, Sherry was my sales person and top marks) it was delayed with transportation due to blizzards, finally shipped to LA for export to New Zealand.
A few weeks on the water and the container arrived in New Zealand on the 21st February.
Due to hold ups (I think Paperwork issues on other goods) the car was not released for collection from the shipping agent until Tuesday 8th April. The excitement of having the car in New Zealand and frustration of not being able to collect it was unbearable. However when I received the phone call at 3.45pm that the car could be collected before 5pm if I could make it, it was a very quick call to a friend and a very fast trip to the shipping agent who was just over a hour away from my place of residence. We made it with 10 min to spare (so needless to say the speed limit may not always have been observed).
The car looked a million dollars despite being very dirty form its trip.
Taking the back roads home due to necessity, the car was garaged for the night. Apart from some basic quick check overs (and due to the weather) there was not much done with it.
The next morning it was delivered to the certification (govt depart) for registration in New Zealand.
Despite being told twice that the vehicle would be ready for collection that day it was delayed (this was again very frustrating) and was not ready for collecting until the next day.
Collected at midday the car was returned home and then washed and the first part of cleaning was underway.
After 5 hours it was time to stop.
I spent the night going through all the goodies that Sherry sent me including a dealers presentation folder, magazines on Bosak, the window sticker, the M10 presentation box (only things missing are the key chain and car cover so would love to know if anyone knows where you can get these from). Once again, Sherry went above and beyond!
Due to work and other commitments the car has remained in the garage since then.
It has had a catch can installed and sequential lights.
Further parts have been ordered.
Mopar stage 1 lowering springs (I have the good shocks not the novimats :D so that's a bonus), splash guards and I am still waiting on the missing parts from the hood gas struts that I ordered so when they arrive I will put those on.
It will also get the predator tune after my trip.
It has been visited by many friends with lots of oooh ahhs (ha ha). Everyone is very impressed and being a little different than the regular Challengers definitely helps.
Today it will get its wax polish and final check.
Tomorrow it will go for its first true run from Invercargill to Christchurch and back (approx 400 miles each way as taking a scenic route).
I cant wait!!
So lots of cruising planned.
Still to order are long tube ceramic headers with non cat tubes (no emission controls here) so any advice on the best brad would be appreciated. I have checked the forums and are still no further ahead in my decision. And then finally one day, the magnison super charger.

I am still pretty sure this will be the only Mopar 10 in New Zealand (not sure for how long though as we love our American V8's in New Zealand and once it it seen I think others will start sourcing them also) and possibly outside the USA. But I am not 100% sure on that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:03 pm 

Glad to see you finally got it. I had to wait a month to pick mine up from the dealer due to a snowy October, and I thought that was bad. I hear you have a lot of open road to break her in. I know you'll enjoy it. a few months ago I went back to the west coast on business and had the opportunity to get a 5.7 Challenger rental. It was ok, but I've been spoiled by my M10!

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:04 pm 

Great story and glad you got the M10!

How was the long drive in it? You'll no doubt inspire others to get an M10, but they'll have a hard time finding one...so you've got that going for you...Plus, even if they do, you'll still have been FIRST.

I'm not sure if you can get the keychain and car cover (it has the M10 logo on it)...I will try to check around. Someone has it and doesn't need it is what is sad.

I have wanted to do the sequential tails, but haven't had the time.

Have you gotten the springs on yet?

If you haven't ordered the Predator, you might go for the Trinity or inTune.

As for the headers, there are several options, but I haven't heard back much on any in terms of longterm wear...You might go with Kook's or SLP. I prefer Jet-Hot Coating.

Looking forward to seeing the upgrades...actually any pics! New Zealand is a beautiful place.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:20 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I have finally installed the new Mopar lowering springs.
The job was easier than I first thought so that was good.
I must say I am very impressed with the result and recommend this to anyone who is looking at it.
I was lucky not to have to replace the rear shocks.
Mine had the Blitzens on it (Thank god for that).
So here are the results.
Original measurement
Rear arch 31 inches bottom of wheel to top of arch. New measurement 29.3 inches (drop of 1.7 inches)

Front arch 29.7 inches bottom of wheel to top of arch. New measurement 28.5 inches (drop of 1.2 inches)

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet (having difficulty) but it does look way better and how the car should have looked.

So big thumbs up on this upgrade.
Next is Long tube headers.
Unless anyone has a definite you must get these as they are the best, I seem to be looking at the JBA long tubes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:37 am 

Awesome! I would love to see the stance. I've only seen Eibach in person and Hotchkiss online.

It is one of the things left that I would seriously consider doing, mainly because I feel like these cars should have had the MP Springs on them when they left the upfit plant.

The best way to post images is to use your favorite photo host...I use Photobucket, but any will work.

You can copy the IMG CODE and paste it here.
On the photo host site, just click (if it doesn't automatically select everything double click or manually select the link) and press CTRL+C.
Come back to the forum where you want it and press CTRL+V, which is Paste. You should see the link you copied show up here...
To make sure it is all gravy, just click "Preview" instead of "Submit" and you can get a feel for what your post will look like.

If there is no IMG CODE by default, just copy the direct link in the same manner (CTRL+C).

Then come here to the forum and click the "Img" Button located right above this box you type in...

It will generate two tags that look like this [IMG][IMG]

The cursor should default to the middle area [IMG]<cursor>[IMG]

If it doesn't just place it there with a mouse click.

Now paste the direct link (CTRL+V) and will have a working IMG tag.

Click "Preview" and make sure it is the right pic and complete link etc and then when it checks out press "Submit."

For optimal viewing I suggest you size your uploads to 640*480. This fits the forum and will make an image size that everyone can see without sidescrolling etc.

Hope that helps...I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Also, thanks for the measurements...that'll give me an idea of what to expect.

My biggest hold up is ET related. I know that my M10 with the STP, Nivomats and all, seems to hook and get off the line better than multiple friends R/Ts (stock and modified). I have looked for 3 years to find results, but come up empty. A friend with very similar performance mods to me went with the Eibach springs and SRT sway bars etc...I still pull him and it is in part bc he always spins. Idk if I just launch better, his foot is super heavy, or what, but the outcome has remained the same...I'd love to get the car lower, but want the performance to improve, or stay the same...

I know the aesthetics is a big win, but the roads around me are just crappy enough to make me hold out, lol. The M10s look killer with the panel gap eliminated :twisted:

As for the headers, I had always planned to do the JBAs myself...I remember one guy with questionable numbers touting another brand...Fit, finish, and performance are the main things...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:55 am 

Hi Everyone,
Here are some before and after pics (all going well). And apologies for size of pics, I'm still working on getting the sizing right.
Our roads here are not the best (even our main highway) but just finished a 700 mile drive and I was very impressed with everything.
Car handled perfectly, no ride draw backs, no rub or bottoming out.

[url][[URL=http://s28.photobucket.com/user/nzmonster/media/2014-05-18075618_zpsc153c289.jpg.html][/url]/url]
[url][/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:46 pm 

Very nice stance! Glad it is riding smooth for you...I may spring for the Mopar springs eventually.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next