[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Mopar 10 and 09 SRT Chally Dyno Runs in Lubbock

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 am 

I have been working on a few things the last couple of days, one was getting the Mopar 10 vids documented...while doing so, I stumbled across this dyno vid I had never seen before. I am guessing this car is based out of Lubbock given it was at TES for the pull. Some of you that explored the revamped Mopar 10 Registry YouTube might have seen this one too. Lubbock will have air just a little better than Amarillo (which is not great, lol) which is nice for comparison. I wish there was a stock dyno pull on an M10 out there...I may wind up being the first to do so. This one is pretty heavily modified..

It looks like the M10 (and any 5.7) can wake up and be an SRT killer (at least the early SRTs) with a little work. I am guessing most of the gain is due to the cam and heads, although it would be nice if I knew what grind was in...I'm guessing it is likely an Arrington blue stick:

Mopar 10 (Cam, Ported Heads, 85mm TB, Headers, Magnaflow, Diablo Tune, Stall Conv.)
380 HP 404 TQ

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
364 HP, 371 TQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:40 pm 

Well today was the day of the show in Lubbock...I missed out.

I had planned to attend and was really looking forward to the dyno day. As things worked out my nephew had his first soccer game of the season this morning and some stuff at work came up for the afternoon, just wasn't practical to drive the hundred miles each way for part of an event.

I'm still hoping to get a baseline as soon as possible. Our two local dynos leave a bit to be desired...I really wanted a few pulls before any performance mods went on though. I should be able to get back out to the track for another TNT...last time I ran the car was still well under 1,000 miles...things have picked up since then 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:17 pm 

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 am 

I was told by factory people that they under rate the cars considerably (there is no way they have virtually no drive train loss, lol)...this was for the392 in particular, but you can imagine the same was done for the 5.7 and 6.1L.

That said, the M10 in the video had a LOT of performance mods...

Again, I wish I had been there to baseline my "stock" M10 for comparison BUT I do have some insight...

One of the guys in AAM dyno'd his 6-Speed Detonator Yellow R/T (he spent Mopar bucks on the Mopar CAI and he has a flowmaster exhaust). According to one of the guy that was there he pulled 375 RWHP (and this is the exact same dyno). I have a hard time believing that the same motor with headers and a tune would gain +5 over his set-up. Factor in that the M10 has top end work done (TB, Ported Heads) AND a cam and something is wrong. The dyno was either really happy for the DY car or not quite lined up for the red striped M10.

Now had I been there and my M10 turned in 340 RWHP I might say okay, the M10 is in line with the modded M10...but then the wild card would be Mark's DY putting down 375.

Based on Mark's dyno run last week I would expect my M10 to lay down 370-385 (as advertised with the 385). That would then mean the red striped M10 sunk in a lot of money for mismatched parts that cost him power...There are no cam specs, but you can tell it is probably just a grind or 2 above stock...if I laid out 385 I'd expect H/C alone to put him well over 400...toss in the tune and headers and I'd say he should be in the 420 range.

The good news is tomorrow (well today) is cruise night and Mark should be out...I'll hit him up for info on his run and confrim he is still just sporting the CAI and muffler swap (it was a dealer add-on...he doesn't have the catback like you, just some Flows welded in place by a local shop). The car is lowered and has some aesthetic stuff done, but I don't know of him having a tune/headers/TB/etc.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Like I said, the heavily modified M10=380 RWHP and his car netting 375 RWHP is raising interest. Idk the owner of the M10 but track numbers would be nice...I would think that would have to put him in the mid 13s with what he has easy. Our R/TS with no motorwork are pushing the 13.9s (keep in mind the air here is horrible...guys on the coast will loose a lot of time, lol).

I know just since I ran down the track last year the M10 has picked up. I clipped 3,000 miles today and I'd say around 1,250-1,500 is when I could say definitively the car picked up. Plus, you can see in some of the vids I posted where I pulled Ruby pretty hard.

Sorry for rambling, I'm really tired, but I'll investigate Mark's numbers tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am 

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 am 

I talked to Sparky and he was shocked when those guys gave him his numbers...he insisted it should be lower, lol.

I "think" he said their "uncorrected" numbers were 338 and 370-380 or so, which he believes to be correct. The sad thing is I don't know if they posted the "base" numbers on the M10 and didn't factor in corrections or what. I may try e-mailing them again. Sparky at around 340 and the modded M10 at 380 I could see...Sparky, and any near stock R/T, at 375 and the M10 with those mods at 380 I have trouble with...

That is what you run into with dyno people though. A local shop bounced a Viper off the rev-limiter...needless to say they don't get much business from us, lol.

If I ever hear of anything up that way I'll let you know...

I'd like the baseline for future mods and then of course have it to pair with track times for the progression points...

Dyno pulls aren't cheap so you have to be loaded, really curious, or a stickler for every little gain...I fall into the last two categories, lol.

I want to see 340 RWHP=14.05, 365 RWHP=13.80, 390 RWHP=13.45 etc. Keep in mind I'm miles from the coast and we seldom get mine shaft air...I remember back in the day seeing a guy with a box stock M10 running mid to low 13s, but I think it was NJ or FL where he lived. A lot of casual late model guys forget to factor in where you're at, lol.

I would really like to see you get some numbers Brian...I want to know how they compare to the AeroForce gauge!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm 

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 am 

Let us know what you turn out...When I ask Diablo directly about the accuracy of their "virtual dragstrip" I just get ignored, lol. I figure that tells me what I need to know. Thing is, I don't expect it to be dead on, but if they just gave me a +/- 0.10 or +/- 5 MPH I would be happy.

The more I drive the car and don't have access to stuff I want to view (water temp, voltage, trip functions (lifetime mpg, instantaneous mpg,time etc)) the more I am wanting to get the Trinity or scan gauges in the M10. They really botched it not putting EVIC in these cars imo.

My 01 Ram has the overhead console with the trip computer, it is nice having that info handy to compare to real world math.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]