[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Mopar 10 Dyno Numbers

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mopar 10 Dyno Numbers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm 

Is there really no one else that has managed to spin the rollers in their M10 that wants to share numbers? Stock or one of the ones that went in for a SC before breaking 500 miles I know we have to have guys and gals that have checked their numbers.

I will be going in tomorrow and will have video sometime this weekend...If you've made runs please share your video, graph, or numbers as well as any modifications etc. This stuff is a lot more fun with more folks involved!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:21 am 

Hi Guys,

Well I just did the dyno run on my M10. (Red stripe Auto)
Overall I thought wasn't to bad but then I see other numbers and are Mmmmmm, not sure now.
Car is stock apart from cat back exhaust.

First pull in 4th 320hp @ 5019rpm 350.9 torque @ 4330rpm Car hit speed limiter (at least we think so) so wouldn't pull above that.
Second pull (sorry no print out so approx figures) Pull done in 3rd 339hp at aprox 5500 rpm. Seemed better.

So, base line set. Thought not to bad.
Then did the diablo 91 tune. Took limiters off for speed so shouldn't have any issues with speed limiters etc.
Diablo 91 tune result was worse all the way through. Top hp was 319 can't remember torque.
So went back to standard tune re did the run to reset all baselines (were we doing something wrong?)
Same result as first.
Second run did Diablo 93 tune.
Torque and HP curve sat below the standard tune by a fraction all the way until we hit peak rpm (remember no speed limiter on 93 tune).
At peak we got 327 hp in 4th @ 5308rpm and 355.7 torque @ 4441 rpm.

So basically the diablo tune made no difference. (we believe we would have received similar numbers with out the speed limiter on.

The afr was very low on all runs at around 10.75. (don't know why?)
So we know there is room for improvement however I was expecting a bit better result with the can tunes as advertised.
Looks like I will be using it to reset shift points and re set fan temps but that's about it.

Was I being over optimistic?
Has anyone else had this similar result with the caned tunes or did you get way better results.
All I have read about them said they were great and good for decent hp gains.
Feedback is welcomed.

Also fuel economy on my trips just cruising is around 450 - 460 miles on a completely full tank (so you can see the fuel at the top of the filler).
Similar/worse?
Just looking for feedback opinions and tips.

I will be going with long tube headers and non cats soon so hope to see a good performance gain with these.

Happy Crusin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:18 pm 

Hmm...that is odd.

I ran about 348/372 on a very hot day (just about 100).

Car was bone stock minus the canned tune I tweaked a bit and the cat-back.

I honestly don't think the cat-back will deliver much of a gain in a dyno setting..the biggest gain prob comes in the quarter just from loosing the weight of the flipping suitcase muff and resonators, lol. The cat-back is basically just to let the M10 sound like it should.

Dynos are very tricky...some folks run "happy" dynos, others run hard nosed. Are the numbers corrected any? Only thing to really do on the dyno is pull the air sock from the filter. I sadly do not have any info from BEFORE my tune in terms of dyno figures, but the car definitely livened up a bit.

The best thing to do might be to get the headers and cats off, then run a custom tune with that set up...

Keep us posted. It is a shame we don't have more data here...Maybe some other folks will run their M10s and be more interested in the performance side of things as they change hands to second owners etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of people online tend to inflate numbers, especially on big forums. If a guy is in a small town in Missouri with no one around to check him, why not bump your numbers up a bit? There are plenty of people around here with "10 second" cars...However, I could probably obliterate them all with a 14 second car...funny how that works isn't it, lol.

My #s are legit, but I'm also up in the air and without a great track to really hunker down on...A lot of those posting big #s are on the coast where we would all pick up a good bit.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:08 am 

Hello Again,

I have also posted this on the Challenger forum with some interesting replies.
The thing I don't get (despite the low numbers) is there was no gain at all on either tune.
Worse seeing your results as mine are way below those.

I'd put a pic up but don't seem to be able to.

What gear was your runs completed in?

I know what you mean about inflated numbers.
My other car (the 70 Cougar) has about 290 RWHP yet destroys "apparent"390 450 HP cars with similar gearing regularly.
I'm not that good a driver ha ha so funny how that works.

Ill keep you posted and yes it is a shame more M10 owners are not posting results.

I see there are a few very low mileage ones for sale at the moment.

I'm having so much fun in mine.
Have done approx 2000 miles since I had it.
All with smiles.

Happy Cruzin.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 am 

Haha yeah, I am not too big a fan of the big "late model Mopar" forums. I hate saying it, but you don't have a lot of loyalists. It is usually people from ford or gm camps who jump ship, and they usually do it temporarily. The big forums are complete shit in terms of their setup...Pay to remove ads, pay for an avatar, pay for a user rank...And people do it! It blows my mind...I grew up on Moparts and DodgeCharger.com (66-74 mind you, there were no "new" Chargers at the time). No one paid for anything and you wanted members to make the forum better...

Several of the big "challenger" forums are actually conglomerate sites...scroll down and you'll not just see links to their other "dodge" forums, but to ford, chevy, toyota, nissan etc...They basically use cookie-cutter bulletin board layouts, tweak the ad settings, and just spit the forums out...find people dumb enough to run them for "rep" points and then go about keeping peope from using the forum freely.

Needless to say, I'm never big on what I've read there. You have a lot of great people, but there are a lot of keyboard wizards and experts who can tweak things in their favor. As you mentioned, you and I just have lowly, performance based M10s that they'll feel the need to degrade by pointing out their Challenger has +x HP and +y TQ with 2 second quicker quarter mile times.

Unless there is a video and graph I'm very hesitant to believe much that is out there...

All I can tell you is I have the same experiences as you...my underperforming numbers and ETs somehow wind up waxing those with better times/numbers, lol. I figure that is what matters...the real world.

As for the tune not gaining anything, that remains a mystery to me...I wouldn't think you'd be seeing any crazy numbers (+40 HP etc), but I'd say 10-15 should be a non issue.

I wonder if you would get better results at a track? Run with the tune (assuming the track would be hotter when you get there), then stock, then with the tune, etc...Just alternate and compare the numbers. Maybe the no gain on the dyno could turn out to be a half second at the track or something...

I know my MPH went way up after the tune...granted, my only "stock" pass was with low miles so that may have impacted it too...

Bottom line is you have a bad ass car and are enjoying it! That 2k miles you've had fun driving is more than a lot of people have probably done since taking them off the showroom floor! I think the M10 has a nice future in terms of a desired collectible, but it is guys like you and I who are out driving and showing the cars that are building the reputation...Plus, there are no guarantees for tomorrow...I'm all for living in the now and making the most of things.

Have you gotten closer to installing the headers etc?

I know traction control was off when the guy dyno'd mine...and I know it sounded like he didn't push the car as hard as I do on the street, lol. You might try making the runs in AutoStick too.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]