[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Putting the Tea in T-Handle Shifter

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 am 

Well, here is something random that popped into my head.

Last summer I was cruising in the M10 and headed to play some Wii with my nephew. I wound up taking my Mother back home when we all left and my sister had picked up Sonic tea for everyone.

Mind you, I have water bottles or the big 32 oz. sweet teas in the car with me quite a bit...I'm so used to positioning things in a center console in an old Mopar that having the cup holders in the M10 took some getting used to. Never had any trouble with anything either.

Well, add in a passenger and a 2nd 32 oz cup and you've got the potential for disaster.

What happens is...

The T-Handle is a bit stronger than styrofoam. As I snaked down into D from Reverse for getting off the driveway, the inevitable happened. T-Handle meet large, full cup of tea.

Ounces of tea came cascading out of the cup...mainly into the cup holder mind you, but that initial burst sent it onto the shifter selector plate. Naturally, I had an assortment of towels handy and it mopped up really without any residue...It did stick a little bit in the portions you don't see until you are in "X" gear etc, which is unfortunate and made me wish I has popped for the Billet Tech pieces when I planned to...I held off trying to pick between Black and Blue, lol.

But, I was just curious if anyone else learned this the hard way. It is something you don't really think of since both cups fit just fine in the holders. And if I can keep anyone else from picking up their gf and then frantically having to run in for napkins/paper towels I have done well here, lol.

I kind of think that front "change holder" area could be lost in favor of getting the shifter up just a tad and then of course expanding the center console a bit, hindsight is 20/20 though :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm 

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm 

Yeah, I usually just stick to bottled water. Solo you can have a cup with no issues, but the passenger seems to tip things over the edge, lol. Around here you either get small (something you can bottom out in two sips, or large...small base, huge up top).

It is very easy to speed in the M10. When I was recording the "relocated license plate doesn't make you overheat" video I was on a 60 mph road I drive every day and kept swinging up to 70. I took a friend to lunch yesterday since she is moving back to California and I would often look down and find myself doing 85 or so in a 70, lol...granted we were on a desolate highway and only out with cattle trucks. The quietness makes me loose all sense of speed etc.

My Mom's first comments past how much she liked the car were..."What does the radio sound like?" and then, "What is wrong with the radio?" :lol: Smart lady :mrgreen:

I nearly popped for a nice blue bottle from target last night, but thought I might wait out on a Mopar one...It seems like everytime I get a nice water bottle the thing breaks somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm 

I don't seem to have that problem with the pistol grip standard, but drinks do tend to pop lids when grabbing a solid second gear.
Hey, Tex. Heard you just missed some nasty ice balls down there. I saw pics today on the news. That storm would have been about a mile and a half west of my old house.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 am 

Another perk to the six speeds, lol. I honestly could see a lot of people loading up with a friend on road trip, or going on a date etc and then having disaster strike with the way the shifter ratchets down...nothing you can do, but go back and start cleaning, lol.

Oh you heard about that? We got right under 3" of rain at the house...which is about 1/3 of last year if I remember correctly. My friend was in golf ball sized hail, but she said it was weird and just kind of fell slushy.

The pea size hail that fell and you heard about literally stacked 4' high. It was the same way, kind of a soft hail. They said if you just leaned against one of the piled up walls it would collapse.

We got hammered with rain, but only had quarter size hail...The rain was falling with about a 40 mph steady wind so it looked like a hurricane more than a typical thunderstorm...good times.

You can probably research it and find the waters flowing like the Mississippi into Lake Meredith...old folks said they'd never seen the water flow like that before.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]