[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Really?

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Really?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 am 

It just doesn't end for us...

If there was one thing you figured would be holy, it would have been the seat covers...namely because who would buy a seat cover that says "Mopar 10" on it...

Well, I guess someone must because they are being sold here:

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/lthrocs2du.htm

I realize Katskin could crank out seat covers with the Challenger script and Mopar "M" with no issue, but the fact some M10 ones are being sold is pretty sad...

Post subject: Re: Really?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm 

Ok here's a ? .. If you can buy everything to clone a M10 , and if you run our vins they just come up as an R/T , how are we going to prove that ours are the real thing ??? And a clone's a clone ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 pm 

The only way that I know of is the silk screened data plate that came in the box. It's got the born on date, vin, and # of 500. It also says US. I would guess the northern ones would say Canada. Second hand buyers might have got screwed if they didn't get all the packet, but I can't see them reproducing them for retail.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:19 pm 

I had not compared the vin...They really should have thrown something in there to indicate the M10 package.

I don't think anyone would repop or accurately recreate the owner's plaque or box, but think of people claiming that the "original owner kept that" etc.

There is the cloned SE, as far as I understood Chrysler was to fine ple $25k for replicating things...they attack aftermarket parts for 60s-70s Mopars so I don't think that claim is unfounded, but I haven't seen it. I was told that the stripe etc would be crash only basis.

The seat covers with Mopar 10 on them, do not need to be on the market like that. Same thing minus the Mopar 10, sure...but all that will do is encourage people to buy them and try to recreate a car...

Stuff like the T-Handle Shifter and Black Chrome Grille Surround I understand, but not the specially badged stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:12 pm 

I partially agree with Chrysler defending their creations. That's what created Direct Connection back in the 60's. They had their trademarks locked down so tight that if it wasn't bought from MOPAR you had to work to make it fit. It's just like the "HEMI", we all know what it means, but it's almost standard configuration for 4 bangers, but they still can't be sold as 'HEMI's". When MOPAR and Chrysler both start selling components to recreate YOUR special car, I don't think there is much we can do. Some of it is our fault. When we ask for merchandise support for our MOPAR 10's, they aren't going to limit their profit to just the 600 of us. Sites like this are the only way we will be able to keep track of the 600. If you see a red stripe # 134 at a car show in Florida and he didn't get the long distance award, you can pretty much figure it ain't me. Ok, now that I got that out of my system, you all have a nice day. :D

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm 

Yep, Chrysler has the list we are trying to create, but won't release it...years from now someone will find it in an archive room, or on an old pc and just have it destroyed...

So, we are taking it into our own hands. The site is coming up in the top 1-3 for most searches, hopefully that will continue and more and more will chime in etc.

We'll just have our own list to go by, lol.

I know a lot of guys have been hesitant to install our rear strut brace just to avoid cutting...that one might be a tell-tale sign as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:18 pm 

I'm sure for us guys that have one from "birth" if you will we come to know ours from top to bottom and inside out ! I'm sure we'll pick out a clone , in a heart beat ... I was hoping there was something stamped in the metel somewhere you can see but can't get to if you know what I mean. If not for nothing it would be a cool tell all sign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:47 am 

Yeah, I agree...I'll be investigating this. I can't believe there is nothing in the vin to indicate it.

Then again, I suppose that is why when I was combing lots for one they all came up as BB R/Ts and you had to open and view the sticker to see what was "added on."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:31 am 

Speaking of seat covers...I have had my M10 for 16 months now and the passenger seat stitching is seperating at the shoulder level horizontal seem! I took it to my dealer and they said of course it was under warranty and they would replace it, but there were none to be had & they would have to special order them which would take a month!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 am 

The VIN thing surprised me, when I went to try to refinance mine at the bank, they entered the VIN & as mentioned it just shows as a R/T! They asked about options and could not find anything for the M10 package so it got no value for it and of course showed the value to be less then I owe & would not refinance for me!! Very Frustrating!!!! Chrysler really should have somehow identified these vehicles in the VIN!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next