[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - What the Factory Could Have Done

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:33 pm 

I posted this on the blog yesterday: http://www.mopar10.blogspot.com/2011/12 ... -done.html

And I figured it would make for interesting discussion here. You can read the blog post for in-depth analysis, but I'll leave the basics here:

1. Catback Exhuast (the most basic and logical).
2. Lower Ride Height (goes with the car and would further set it apart).
3. Navigaton, EVIC, and Best Sound System (130 4-speaker is a JOKE, I wouldn't put it in a car destined for taxi duty in the Middle East!).
4. More MOPAR Badging (Floor Mats, Grille, Tail Light Panel, Tach/Speedo).
5. HIDs (I would be lenient here IF they'd have gone performance (exhuast/springs) or Nav and EVIC etc).
6. The 392. (I would have done it and I know that a few fought for it, I can rest easier knowing that).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm 

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 am 

Yeah, that is another good one on Homelink.

I felt like the calipers should have matched the stripe so much I painted mine...of course about 6 months later Mopar came out with their blue caliper cover :roll:

I think I'll keep mine painted and opt out on the cover for now...however, for folks not wanting to paint, or who like the look better it is a nice option.

Some of the basic stuff they left off the M10s is really sad in the electronics/technology end of things. I feel like MOPAR should represent the very best...performance and parts. I'd have thrown the catalog at these cars.

I guess as it stands we can all do our own take, or leave them showroom fresh, lol. I can't leave anything alone completely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 pm 

I've been thinking we all can agree the factory could have done so much more, but with that said, I think they could have kept the cool parts that make our cars stand out.. Not available to everyone else for atleast five years!! Then people can clone one.,, what do you guys think? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:33 pm 

You bet! At least keep the T/A hood off the market for a while.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm 

Yes the hood and I think stripe! I saw a vid of an SE Mopar 10 ?? Yeah it was an SE with a m10 stripe (red) and black after market wheels, I've seen two 2012's black with the m10 hoods siting on dealers lots !! I think a car of few numbers should not be so easy to clone , at least not so close to year,, give us time to really stand out ! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:10 pm 

Yeah this one was disappointing. How hard is it to not release a black chrome hood surround and pins? I also think something simple like the center caps should have been exclusive (I was told they were, but know of several non M10 Owners who just walked in and ordered them (a few more got them thru an "online" dealer). And fwiw, the center caps aren't even custom...they are just shaved off raised-Ram heads with the black and blue stuck on over the top, lol.

Did the clone you saw have the exact stripe? I know they have one in the super hard to find accessories book for 2012, but it doesn't have "MOPAR" in it...if someone repopped that I believe they could face a fine!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm 

Lmao, yeah the caps- a disappointment when I got my kit I put my finger under the cap to lift out and my finger stuck to it !! There still in the kit I never put them on. Lol
The vid I saw is on YouTube tittle -Mopar 10 challenger se- It looks spot on but let me know what ya think. I was wrong about the wheels there not all black, sorry it was a few months ago when I saw it . :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 am 

It does suck. A decal shop could make them too. I have to admit, I took the Mopar 11 front grill badge I got off ebay and put it on my M10. So I am kinda doing it to the M11. But like the other thread discusses, they could have done so much more for our M10's.

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 pm 

I'll try to track the video down...

I wouldn't feel too bad about the M11 badge...they probably got the idea from those of us that bought the M10s anyway, lol. I'd like to do that and try to find someone make M-O-P-A-R letters for the tail light/reverse light.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]