[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - OEM Switches

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: OEM Switches
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm 

OK here is one for you guys.....

The area where your hazard switch and ESP control switches are....

It looks like there are blank spots, anyone know if there is OEM switches that would fit in there?
Even lighted ones would be nice. Lance you had this apart and it looks like one connection for both switches. I was just thinking for future projects it would nice to have the switches there or wire up a secret extra kill switch. There are also switches you can have that disables the break lights. What this does if you leave the car running parked somewhere you wont be able to put it in gear because it wont know your foot is on the break. That kinda james bond stuff. Can you say do a seat eject or arming weapons. LOL

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

Post subject: Re: OEM Switches
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm 

I think those were set up for the heated seat options. At least that's where they are located on the Ram and the Charger.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm 

Thanks..I have been looking online at some stuff and the unit may be 1 complete switch, however there are other buttons on them like disabling the airbag. So that being said I think if I were to get another module/switch set up (like the overhead console with homelink I did) I should be able to do something. I have to find the name or part numbers of it. I thought the heated seats were totally seperate switches and that would require a new bezel/frame. I am still searching.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:26 pm 

The heated seat switches on my Ram are on either side of the hazard light switch. I also have a heated steering wheel switch on that cluster. But I've never had it apart to see whats behind there.

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:38 pm 

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:12 pm 

The Ram is a 9'r. I'm not sure about the 12 Chargers, but on the 11's I've seen so many dash configurations, I can't keep track. Kind of like the challengers, what ever was handy on the shelf that day got installed

Red Stripe, 134

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:32 pm 

Thanks for the help. I am looking at the wiring specs from 2010 and 2012. If I use the 2012 switch module I will have to get the male and female ends of the connection to make my own harness adaptor. Which is not too hard it will be just finding the right ones.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:22 am 

I'll PM you an e-mail that might help...

The heated seats are actually off to the sides with tall rectangular buttons. If we wanted to add the heated seats and utilize the factory switches we would have to source a different bezel.

It bothers me not having a function...and I originally assumed they were for the heated seats until I thought back on friends R/T Classics, and then checked again to see the buttons to the side.

I think you could modify it for some low profile rockers...I've wanted to get underdash leds and had considered wiring them to a rocker there (blue naturally) as opposed to making the switch cover panel for the thing by the cup holders...Idk what in the heck that is for, but I've found that my remote to the stereo fits perfectly and I sometimes stick the phone in there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am 

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 am 

Yep, keep us posted...Rod said he'd be glad to help.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next