[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Hood Pins

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hood Pins
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm 

I have to catch up here and look at all the posts I have missed over the past few weeks but I wanted to pass this info along.

It appears as if all our M10's were jipped when it came to the hood pin option. After the Mohegan Sun Meet here in CT I learned that
the after market hood pins came with pcv grommets that would be placed on the underside of the hood where the pins go thru.
This would clean up the area and provide a nice finishing touch to the hood. Well after seeing this and searching for the right size
I found it. Search for Dorman PCV Grommet 42324. These fit perfectly and you can get a set (each sold seperatly) for less than $10
at your local Advance Auto Store. Prices are from just under 2 bucks online to 15 bucks for a multi pack.

Here is a link to one site.

Hope this info helps.

Brian.

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

Post subject: Re: Hood Pins
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 am 

I think I have this video done, but might have not made it public.

I bought the extra set of hood pins to keep my Owner's Kit intact. Well, it had all the extra grommets....needless to say I felt robbed.

I had heard of guys scuffing the cover plates so I was happy to have a spare set and it was really just the lanyards I wanted (rest was already installed). I went ahead and fitted the grommets and they fit the hole, but the "upfit" plant must have not had the jig placed correctly on my hood because it will fit the hood, but when you shut it, the grommet will stay on the hood pin...very frustrating. Sometimes if they don't "plant on the pin" you can raise the hood and they'll fall off.

I may try the part you listed, but I know my hood was not drilled straight. If you shut it, you can see more of a gap towards the forward side of the scuff plate than the rear (windshield side). It isn't off much, but just enough to make it noticeable to someone who truly cares. I would bet this was common with a lot of the hoods. I know several have complained of the waves where the scoop joins.

I'll research where I left off with that vid. The reason I had it private was bc I couldn't finish the install with the grommets coming off all the time :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm 

I dont think these will come out. They fit very tight. I keep calling them pcv grommets because thats what the part I got was for. I am not sure what the ones with the kit look like but these are like made for it. I heard people talk about them falling out and I could understand if the pin is grabbing it but looking at the ones I installed...I cant see how it would be possible unless the pins were really messed up and not even close to center. But just having that hole covered and finished makes me soo happy. The drivers side hole looked a little bit messed up like it was not a clean drill or the drill caught the metal a bit because its thin. Once I seen them I had to get something. I will try an get some pictures up of how it sits soon.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:11 pm 

Cool. I know on mine you would find aluminum shavings for the first few months as you raised and lowered the hood, lol. If you look really close you can probably see the "globbed" touch up paint on the underside...some of which (when shut wet) got in the cup holder area.

I know ple prob think I'm overkill paying attn to this stuff, but 40 years down the road if one of us ever restores an M10, picks one up after having to sell our original etc, or just need reference for a fresh paint job these are the overkill details that judges will look at, our just purists like us can take note of and critique the car (seems to be the duty of old people, lol).

The ones I had coming out were a thin rubber...they looked great with the hood up and they held the odd countour, but the pins just pulled them out or off on one side etc.

Next time I'm by O'Reillys I will try and pick this set up...it does make for a much "cleaner" look.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 pm 

Sorry for the delay but I forgot to post that the pictures are up in my photobucket album.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 pm 

Cool, maybe I can pick these up soon...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 am 

Your Bushings are WAY thicker than the ones that came in the MP Kit I got extra.

That said, I am posting because I pulled off a small miracle this past weekend...I was letting the oil drain and had time to kill so (after detailing the wheel wells) I decided to fish out the bushing on the RH side of the hood...It was a royal pain, but I located it in the next down area (2nd from where it should be), and spent a few painful minutes moving it around...90 Degree Needle Nose Pliers, 0.90" Trimmer Wire, tape, a pick-up tool, and wire, and a hope and prayer later and I was able to extract it...literally.

I will move on these bushings you found soon...I hope they fit mine correctly...the person that drilled was off pretty bad...I may have higher standards than most due to a background as a machinist, but man if you use a template and have done 100+ already it is sad to be so far off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:35 pm 

Thanks so much for your post! I've been looking for the right grommets for years. Finally, I wont have to look at the factory scars under my hood any longer.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]