[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Exhuast

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Exhuast
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 pm 

So, who has gone ahead and done a cat-back? Did anyone step up to shorties or full length headers and aftermarket cats?

This is one of the things I really feel the factory should have done, no questions asked.

I have talked to a few owners and their wives and the most common complaint is "it doesn't sound like it looks."

I am VERY picky on exhaust. We have a lot of late model HEMIs rolling around town, but outside of a few Flowmaster cat backs (which actually suit the Challys very well imo) I have not heard anything that made me want to go shell out the cash.

I did take a video of a 5.7 Chally with the Corsa Xtreme and I hated it. The owner's, who bought it for the "low cabin resonance" hated it as well mainly because they said the drone was ridiculous.

I want to state that I'm not just into the late model stuff...I run straight thru muffs on the Duster and Charger and if you want to talk about "drone" you need to go for a ride in the Duster...no carpet, 4.10 gears, 14" tires...I actually don't mind it...the car is loud, but the sound suits it very well.

I just went thru mufflers in high school till I found what I wanted...At $29-59 a piece it wasn't a big deal. Sadly, that isn't an option for the late model stuff. I'm not going to shell out $3k on Borla and Corsa just to wonder if the $500 Flowmaster wasn't a better option.

So with all that said, what did you do...better yet, how do you like it? The best thing, of course, is if you can post up a video showing the exterior sound, interior sound level, and a few drive-bys etc.

I will get us started with all I have to offer...the stock exhaust on an Auto M10:

Post subject: Re: Exhuast
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:15 pm 

As some know I cut the mufflers off and had straight pipes made , its loud , but not to loud the inside sound a little louder than before but I like it ! The best part is the back pressure between shifts and when you gear down . You can hear it you tube - Mopar 10 madman- under - jmopar10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 pm 

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder. I will get you some video clips as soon as I can. I need to wait for a nice day. I had the same comments, does not sound like it looks. I was not going to do it but with the price under 500 I went for it. I am happy with it. Idle it sounds nice. Sounds like a race car with the rpms 2500-3000. But not over the top. Droning, well I am yet to understand that exactly. I just know when you are on the highway, it does hum depending what rpm you are at. It is not bad since I am not driving the car that much.

I know, but they are not both mine. 346 is blue.
photobucket link:
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/BrianM10
my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianMopar10/videos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:38 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am 

Finally had a nice day to get some sound clips for you. Here is the link.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:20 pm 

Brian your car sounds great!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:33 pm 

Me I'm keeping mine the way it is , as for the droning sound It dosent bother me "I had the 70s mopars with glass packs we were lucky if we even put tail pipes on never the less makeing it as far as out the front of the rear tires . : )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 pm 

Thanks! Yeah when I got the car everyone kept telling me its like grandmas cadi. I was saying its new I am not going to change it. But the 500 was worth it. Now it sounds like it looks. I checked autoeverything which is where I got it for just under 500 in the fall. Today they are selling for about 670. Really glad I did it then. As my car sits I am really happy and wont be doing too much more to her.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 am 

Awesome, I was away from the internet for a few days and was very pleased to come back to this 8-)

I've got to ask, as someone who also knows what drone really is (I run race muffs on the Duster, it turns about 4k at 70, and I have bare metal floors...the car sounds like a time-bomb coming off the on-ramps, lol) what does the car sound like at speed (60-70) when MDS kicks in?

MDS has been the thorn in my side for quite some time...no auto guys here have really done jack exhaust wise...I can't use the 6 speed guys as a true gauge since they don't have MDS. As much as I would like to just turn it off, the M10 is my fuel friendly ride for saving cash (440=6 MPG, 408 Stroker=10-14 depending on my foot, and the 01 Ram=11-12ish), I really want to leave MDS "on" and cash in on the MPGs when possible.

I've said it many times, but the lack of the Mopar Catback was a big disappointment as the cars really need the sinister exhaust note to add some bark to the visual bite. It is still weird walking out to the M10, that looks so bad ass, hopping in, turning the key, and then sneaking up on ple at Sonic....that was the firs thing I noticed as more Challengers came in to town...if they weren't running the AC, they can literally pull in behind you...just doesn't fit the character of the car in general, and sure not with the M10 8-)

I'd talked to Flowmaster last year at MATS, and then e-mailed them recently about a prototype system and needless to say, they did not reply...which either means they don't care, or think it was a great idea and I can soon buy my effort for a premium, lol. I really think the chambered sound suits these cars (unless you've gone all out with a lopey cam...but the 5.7 can only take so much).

The camera is huge for exhaust vids, as well as current conditions, and the filming location. Flowmaster is one of the very few that I feel "safe" with...ie I can spend the $ and even if I don't love it, I won't be kicking myself. I shot a Corsa vid for a guy and it sounded like ass...he and his wife both hated it too, granted we are all 3 very picky about exhaust notes, lol.

There are a few other guys with exhaust mods on their M10s, but they don't have cameras etc. I'll spend some time on the YouTube page soon and get these latest ones added.

Thanks again for posting, the car sounds great and I know you'll never get flack for the "grandma" car again :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm 

Thank you very much and I sure won't. I can say in this case the cheaper system produced exactly what I wanted and I am not stuck with what a Corsa or Borla that costs much more. Jay Lennos and there is one with an Orange Challenger out there on Youtube with this exhaust...that made me decide on it.

photobucket link:
my youtube channel:

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next