[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Mopar 10 Registry • View topic - Chryslers in the Canyon IV Saturday, October 13th, 2012

Mopar 10 Registry

The few, the proud, the Mopar 10s.
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:45 am 

What: Chryslers in the Canyon IV
Where: Palo Duro Canyon State Park Amarillo, Texas
When: Saturday, October 13th, 2012 10 AM-3 PM
Cost: FREE

Well, the last few days I have been working on details for our big show, Chryslers in the Canyon. We built this thing from another one of my crazy pipe-dreams into something that is actually pretty good. This is a one of a kind event and unlike any other Mopar show you've attended.

We meet up, cruise down to scenic Palo Duro Canyon (the 2nd largest canyon in the country btw) and host the show on a lot with canyon walls surrounding you. It makes for some incredible pictures. In years past we have had brisket and bbq free of charge, we are trying to figure out this year's food as we speak.

We just put in to rent a brand new pavilion which will be a nice retreat from the heat (or rain etc). It is to open in April and be state-of-the-art with projection screens etc.

One of the unique things about this event is the cost...it is currently free and I will do everything I can to keep it that way. The only cost you have associated with attending is to pay the group rate admission of $2 to get in the park. So worse come to worse and you hated it, you still saved $3 per person to get in, lol.

We had roughly 150 cars (all Mopar btw) last year and that included folks from Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, and even up on the north side of Denver. The show has gotten bigger each year and with more and more folks coming the word is beginning to get out on our little secret.

This year we are considering having MAAD (Mopars at Amarillo Dragway) the same weekend...so essentially you could show up, cruise to the canyon, take part in the show, snap some pics, and then head off to run your car at the track. This past year we had a dinner at the Big Texan...other attractions are of course the Cadillac Ranch.

Of particular interest to those of you here, is that we have 2 Mopar 10s in the club (Amarillo Area Mopars). I've obviously got the blue striped M10 and another guy has a red striped M10. That means we just need a silver striped car to complete the tri-fecta. Similarly, how cool would it be to have a line up of M10s that include your car? What about 2 blue M10s nose-to-nose? I'm telling you, the backdrop is phenomenal. Oh, and if you are worried about not being able to take good pictures, fear not for we have a pro photographer on hand.

You can check out some of her handiwork here: http://dellamoyer.smugmug.com/Cars-Car- ... &k=V5xPtTj

In addition to that I shoot videos of everyone coming down into the canyon and have plans to expand that this go around:

Previous Vids:

This is me entering and exiting the canyon from a few years ago...it'll give you an idea of the terrain:

Here are the shots of winners from last year:
http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/inde ... 8:pictures

We bend over backwards to help out-of-towners make this trip and have a great time. As a Mopar 10 owner I will do my best to make sure you have a great time and will want to attend every year. If you are in the region, I strongly suggest you make this show.

I would love nothing more than getting all 3 stripes lined up in one spot...and perhaps even in duplicates...Della, our photographer, will spend all the time you want her to taking pics and if we complete the trinity we can even order poster size prints etc.

And now that I post this, I think I have a vid I shot free-hand from the M10 this past year I can edit and post up.

This is truly a great event and with yours truly calling the shots I can work things around to make it as good an event as possible. Please let me know if you plan to attend and we will help you line everything out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm 

When in April ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm 

Oh, April is just the date for the new building to open...the event goes down Saturday, October 20th, 2012...I just get stuff posted on it as early in the year as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:47 pm 

Sounds great but Oct. a bit away for me to say yea ir nea.,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm 

Yeah, I hear that...same reason I don't get to make Carlisle, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:23 am 

I'm really pushing to get all 3 M10 Stripe Colors present and accounted for here...we really need a silver striped car and having multiples would be awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 am 

A lot of development have happened since I last updated...

Chrysler Power and Performance Mopars will be sponsoring two awards: Best Classic Mopar and Best Modern Mopar...Plus, we will be sending in pictures with a write-up to be published by Chrysler Power!

You can read all about it as well as check out the hotel accommodations here:
http://chryslersinthecanyon.amarilloareamopars.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 am 

And once more, we are now up to over 20 Awards!

I will be there with a blue stripe, the local red stripe car should be in attendance, all we need to create the Trinity is a silver striped M10! Who wants to be the person to help make history?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]