[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Moroso Catch Can, Part Number 85472

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm 

Over Memorial Day I was finally able to get my break-in oil out and make a few changes. Amongst them was the unboxing and isntall of the Moroso Air-Oil Separator.

I have had the unboxing vid up a week without linking it anywhere, it has a lot of hits and Moroso has already commented, which I thought was pretty cool 8-)

I ordered the rest of my fittings last night (Summit sent the wrong ones previously) so the install still lacks plumbing. I will update the article and this post when that wraps up.

Check it out:
http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/inde ... -mopartech

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:41 pm 

Nice job Lance...

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 am 

Thanks. Checked the shipping, some fittings coming out of Ohio will be here Wed and some coming out of Georgia will be here Thursday...go figure :roll:

Looking forward to plumbing it in...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am 

Moroso here also, but only cause Doug the wrench at Grapevine told me I should on the 5.7L. Downhill plumbing to intake, then between cylinders INSTEAD of uphill and behind TB as the 3.5 and 6.1s are. He has seen the pooling in the intakes on the 5.7, which will eventually deteriorate the seal. Bad plumbing, but don't run Hemi hat ( engine cover ), so I used the 6.1 bracket which makes easy to just drain into a small cup ( used a spray paint cap myself), and got MAYBE a teaspoons worth with 1.5k miles. But I also run 5w-30 RP In my 6-speed so MAY get less due to that, dunno. Did notice the 6.4(392) have SAME lousey downhill side entrance PCV setup as our 5.7s now, sheesh guess they're gonna NEED catchcans?

VICTUS SOLVO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 pm 

Yeah, it is a less than ideal set-up. The ol' 440 doesn't do that, lol.

I had to crank the article out on lunch, I'd like to tweak it when I get the plumbing done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:11 am 

Need pictures when ya get it plumbed bruder, I've heard ya MAY have to notch the engine covers front edge for hose clearance with Moroso tho ( say THAT 3 times fast, LOL)?

VICTUS SOLVO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 am 

1 of 4 fittings showed up today...The Ohio segment beat the Georgia shipment?! Funny thing is, I'm not sure the Sparks, NV warehouse wouldn't be the quicker transit, oh well.

If the tracking info is correct I will get the other 3 fittings tomorrow...doubt I'll get it plumbed with the Mavs in action, but I will get pics and a vid when it happens.

I'm still considering it a partial install...I have to see how much the brass bothers me once the hose is installed. On an old hot rod, brass and copper would be fine...on a Mopar 10, not so much...I can't justify having someone make a $40 anodized fitting, but I think I can source one out of nickel, which would look like it was chrome, but be much more durable.

I'm very picky on small aesthetic things if you haven't noticed :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm 

If all goes well I should get the can plumbed this weekend, pics and a vid will follow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 am 

As promised:

I will get the video edited and put together this week. It is a little dirty, but hey, you have to remember I will be running with the engine cover for now :mrgreen: The catch can was offically plumbed in at 1,095 miles...I will monitor what accumulates over the next oil change interval.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]