[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Sponsorship question

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sponsorship question
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:30 pm 

You know I could really use the help the car the way I want it. I've heard of guys being sponsored. I had some questions about if anybody knows.
How do sponsorships work do they do discounts or give out money.
How do you get a sponsorship.
Will I have an obligation to specific car shows and races.
Do I have to set up like a booth or something and try to sell there products at car shows.
Any information y'all could provide would be helpful.

2009 B5 Blue Dodge Challenger.
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Post subject: Re: Sponsorship question
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 am 

This usually goes to people with inside connections (ie you are dating the daughter of a dealership or of a shop etc), or of course you can be blood related.

Otherwise, it basically comes on down the road. Spend time and money on your car, stick it in every event possible, build a following, and then see if people don't come and offer cash to wear the gear, more prominently showcase their parts on your vehicle, post on your site etc.

Outside of really cheesy "local" stuff here the only "Sponsorship" I know of that was impressive was some kid with a really, really, really modified Hyundai (I'm not joking btw). The factory helped him get it to big shows/events and I'm sure had him outfitted with factory merchandise and ad hoc rhetoric. That said, I have been told his parents were loaded and that probably played a hand in having 5-10x the money the car cost in work, lol.

Being late model you'd have to just load it down with parts from one outfit (or retailer, ie Dallas area speed shop "Dale's Speed")...You can eventually become a rolling catalog for what the company has to offer, or what all the retailer offers (Flowmaster, K&N, Hypertech, Eibach, Vortech, Weld, Moroso, etc). That said, not a lot of people will cough up the cash or support you probably want...A local shop might pay your way into the "big show" or "buy you back into eliminations" etc...I wouldn't bank on much more...that said, you never know. You could win a few car shows, click off 12.90s at the track, and the lot you bought the car from might pay your way to any event with a simple window sticker and business cards.

I'd just go for it and see what happens...either way you get a bad ass car out of the deal!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:44 am 

Yea, Ive heard of people being sponsored and if you look at there cars it's kind of hard to figure out why. Not that there bad there very nice cars but there not on the same level as what some some shops build to advertise there buisinesses example that black widow charger from last years oklahoma midwest meet. I think it was 213 autos. DFWLx is sponsored by dales garages mitigate might be a way for me to get in with them. I'm in that club finally found a group of people in it that don't uh "urbanize" there cars. By urbonize i mean big rims stupid paint jobs Lambo doors neons etc. There race team have a lot of cool people.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:26 pm 

Ha, I didn't even know Dale's Garage was a shop, I just pulled that out of the air for an example. DFWLX has denied a few of people up here membership to network events etc. My only interaction is when they chime in on other events and talk about it interfering with their event to basically plug it over the event actually described in the post.

Generally the race guys are where you'll find the best info...aesthetic mods are subjective, ETs and MPH are not. That said, there should be a lot of people with any mod you'd want to do down there and check out first hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 pm 

Lol yea Dales Cuda Shop is a garage lol. Don't know what all they have though. And that sounds about like DFWlx there big headed and think they run everything thats modern mopar oriented, that's why I stick with the guys from the race team much more level headed and knowledgeable, than most people in that club. We all just kind of stick really don't associate with others in club that's not part of the race team

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:52 am 

Oh, I know of Dale's Cuda Shop...just didn't know he was down in Dallas. Last I knew DFWLX had launched their own print magazine, I highly doubt it is free, but who knows...I'm sure there are some nice people in it, that was just my limited experience. The race end tends to be the same anywhere....I much prefer the race section on Moparts over the rest...tons of info and experience there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 am 

I saw something on there forums about a magazine for 10 dollars. Thought about gettin one to see if it's any good.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am 

For $10 bucks it better cover a full year, include a hat, and be good, lol. If they do it monthly that's $120 a year...quarterly would still crank out at $40. You can get Hot Rod for $12-$18 a year and that is 12 full issues, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 pm 

I think I've bought a few things from Dale's Cuda Shop for my Dart...... :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 pm 

I think it's monthly and the way they are I'm surprised they don't charge for the stickers you put on your car

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next