[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - NewChallengers at Mopars on the Strip

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm 

Well guys and gals, I tell it like it is. The Vegas trip was nice but New Challengers must have had a day off. Amarillo's CIC2 had 18 new challenger and we had a ball. How about 12 new Challengers in Vegas. Man what a turn out. I traveled 2360 miles to show my car. Mine is okay but nothing fancy. I had the most mods of any Challenger there. Great right. Well I wanted to see the CA. cars and Vegas but 3 did not do it right. I will support our TEXAS MOPARS 100%. We have some nice shows. The CARS and Coffee have some great cars that will out do what I saw in Vegas. Well I get of the soap box now. God Bless the LONE STAR MOPARS....

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:54 pm 

I was there as well. Blcd74 and I had a great time, but both expected a lot more of a turnout from the late model crowd for what the event is alleged to be...If I had driven out in the Mopar 10 and jdr2483 followed I am not so sure we would not have been the largest Challenger "group" there :roll:

I had a great time and saw some over the top cars, but honestly if not for the old-school Mopars this show would have bombed. The late model guys that can literally do like blcd74 and I did, but with a much shorter travel time, were basically non-existent.

I was amped up to see the SoCal Challengers and what the desert SW had to offer in terms of Challenger mods etc...Heck, I planned to start a Mopar 10 mailing list after meeting other owners...too bad none were there!

For all you see on the net about California being the hub for all things car culture I personally call BS and stick to my claim. You have the 3rd best Mopar show, easily in the best location, and you can't get more than 20 LATE MODEL CHALLENGERS? That is pretty messed up. Even if you hate drag racing, have no interest in a swap meet, conversing with vendors, or seeing the cars that made your late model have the legacy it does you blew it. I would think cruising with your buddies to a great photo-op and seeing other late model Challengers that drove in would be plenty of incentive. Unless there is a really good reason for the MIA Challys it is a true disappointment.

I figured I would be coming back with an endless wish list of parts from various Challengers, instead I am more focused on archiving Charger and Dart pictures. If AAM claimed to be the best and biggest Mopar club on the continent and we had a show within a stone's throw of home and turned out with 1 or 2 cars I figure we would get laughed at, and deservingly so...

For everyone in the LC and LX late model scene out west, thanks for nothing guys...you've got overdrive, a top notch cooling system, a car loaded with creature comforts, and you get 25 mpg. I guess the open roads and an hour or two are just too much to handle.

I saw teenage kids caravan in old Chargers and Darts and met guys from Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico who DROVE their old Mopars all that way.

What I have seen in Texas is every bit as nice as what we saw out west. I would love to make MATS again in the future, but it will be to enjoy the A, B, and E bodies that have survived the test of time, we will no better than to bank on a large turnout of Modern Mopars.

Many thanks to the great folks we met and those who drove their cars out and are passionate about the hobby. For everyone that just took the car for coffee out west, I hope the folks at starbucks like your cold air, cat back exhaust, upgraded stereo, custom paint, big brakes, and piles of billet...not sure anyone else will ever get to see the cars.

Btw, the Canadians made long drives down with some over the top modified Mopars...Gotta give credit where credit is due! We did meet 2 nice guys from Cali in late models, but we figured each would have had 49 friends tagging along. The old school cars really made the show!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:48 pm 

Wow that sounds like no fun at all for the lx/lc crowd. I would like to go, mainly becasue I have never been to vegas haha. I think you are correct in the fact that right here within a 300 mile radius there are some very nice cars and great owners also. The good thing is that we have a place to talk to each other, thanks Lance!!

2008 Dodge Charger SuperBee #560 w/ options I,II,and III - Headlight Halo's - Dash Halo's - Magnaflow Exhaust - DANKO '69 Style Cuda Grille - ARIA Composite CAI - DMH low profile exhaust cutouts - Colormatched SRT Wheels - Billet Technology Underhood Kit - SRT T-Handle Shifter - Custom Designed Vinyl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm 

Landon, I kid you not, your Superbee would have been cream-of-the-crop. The only late model Chargers even close to yours were stuff the vendors brought out, I have pics of one bc it is eerily similar to your car, lol.

If you were to make a triad just from Amarillo to OKC down to DFW we would have a much more impressive volume of cars and more enthusiasm.

Idk, maybe the LX and LC guys were content with their Spring Fling event, but if you've got the Superbowl and Daytona 500 back to back weekends, most people that live close try to make both events. I know if the late model guys had a GTG around Columbus and the NATS were the next week they would be out in force for both. Bill and I were very disapponted in the late model turnout for the simple fact those are the guys that should have been out in droves...never would have thought we'd see more 70-74 Cudas than 08-11 Challengers.

Again, it was a great time, but pretty disappointing as far as the Charger/Challenger/300/Magnum crowd goes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm 

hmmm a SuperBee that is eerily similar to mine???? I don't like that at all. I will look for the pics, might have some ass to beat lol

2008 Dodge Charger SuperBee #560 w/ options I,II,and III - Headlight Halo's - Dash Halo's - Magnaflow Exhaust - DANKO '69 Style Cuda Grille - ARIA Composite CAI - DMH low profile exhaust cutouts - Colormatched SRT Wheels - Billet Technology Underhood Kit - SRT T-Handle Shifter - Custom Designed Vinyl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm 

Well, now that we own one, what was the Crossfire crowd like? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 pm 

I've been on this site twice in about a week...we've been swamped and my desktop is locking down every 5-10 minutes...I've had articles with pics up here and lost them...I am now typing everything in e-mail windows to autosave :roll:

I've got one new article up, and am working 3 vids simultaneously on the lap top...

I will work on a late model post, the LX one shouldn't take long...might do vendors cars first. It was a very sharp Superbee.

Crossfire, you were more likely to get caught up in the 90s game...I don't think I saw a single Crossfire on site :( Truth be told I think there were 4 Vipers, 6 at most, and 1 Prowler Bill and I spotted. The late model guys must have been doing something else, it was very odd not to see droves of them as we had expected. But as stated, the good news is the Muscle Car Era guys did not disappoint!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:31 pm 

Finally getting a chance to read most post. I know it is almost a year late, but if any one like a good show with a mix of old and new MATS never disappoints. been out 3 times already and last crowd was actually one of the smaller one due to the weather. I do have a pic of the Red Challenger R/T which was parked next to the 69 Super Bee. I hope to be able to make the trip again this year as it a lot of fun just being in Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 pm 

Yeah, that was what a few regulars told us about the crowd being down...it was still a great time.

I have some MOTM stuff to do, a video, and then the stereo write up, but rest assured I'll get all the late model Challys up after that.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]