[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - How to launch a challenger srt8

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 am 

Now a couple days ago on a smooth secluded highway I ran a quarter mile time of 13.93 with a good bit of tire spin. When I get to the 1/8 mile drag strip last night my 0-60 is 6.00 seconds my 1/8th mile time was a 9.130. Now it slowly gains rpms until it reaches about 3,500 rpms then it unleashes. Alright my procedure goes like this pull in wet box spin a little to get tires coated (factory tires btw). Pull up a bit and heat them up. Then I deep stage. Hold brake and throttle to 2,000-3,000 rpms. Let off brake and punch the throttle to the floor. Cars reaction slowly gains speed until 3-4000 rpms then let's the power come. EPS is all the way off. Now what am I doing wrong. I'm not sure the proper way to launch an automatic so that it gets that fast speed off the line.

2009 B5 Blue Dodge Challenger.
MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm 

from everything I have read it is recommended to skip the water, just pull around it, spin the tires a little bit to clean them off. Leave ESP on, and roll into the throttle instead of punching it. By punching the throttle it hesitates so that the car will be less likely to go into limp mode. With ESP off you are more likely to just sit and spin your tires for a bit. Hope this helps

2008 Dodge Charger SuperBee #560 w/ options I,II,and III - Headlight Halo's - Dash Halo's - Magnaflow Exhaust - DANKO '69 Style Cuda Grille - ARIA Composite CAI - DMH low profile exhaust cutouts - Colormatched SRT Wheels - Billet Technology Underhood Kit - SRT T-Handle Shifter - Custom Designed Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 pm 

I haven't gotten to run the M10 at the track, but I'd agree with OKC on the general strategy.

For street tires stay out of the water...you can warm them up with a quick spin. Generally until you've made enough passes on the same prepped surface the best bet is to find a launch rpm where you won't spin and ease into it from there. The less time you're spinning, the more time you're moving forward with 100% of the car's power on tap.

I'm cheap and don't have slicks so I just ease into everything...when I try to get agressive I generally loose 2-3 tenths or more.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress and what turns out to work the best for you. I'm hoping to get the M10 out to the track as soon as possible and will see what it does under a load. All the six speed guys reported having heck getting any traction this past weekend...they were running high 14s. Last year at MAAD blcd74 clicked off low 14s if I'm not mistaken.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:13 am 

Thanks man I'll deffinatelt keep y'all posted first time drag racing a 5 speed automatic. Lot different techniques. I talked to a guy at classic dodge here in denton just to make sure it was my technique and not something wrong with the car. I'm horrible with names I'm sorry I think his name was Alan or Alex or something like that. He showed me how to launch my srt8. I think I'll do much better now. Wonder if that six speed manual that's in the new ones is worth the effort in swapping the trannys out with my 5 speed auto. I had a six speed in the 350z nismo I traded in for my srt8. I loved that six speed. Well except in traffic jams then I cursed at it.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 pm 

How often does Denton run? Might find some other Chally owners and get their take. Not a whole lot of them hit the strip routinely though.

I believe it would have been Alan that you talked to...met him at Grapevine when we went down with Tony and Ted to get the M10.

I would give the Auto some time...it is very rare that a guy running a 6 speed will actually run down the track perfect, thru a series in a bracket race...if he gets someone in round 1, it is unlikely he'll drive it perfectly again in round 2.

Just takes some time, I'm sure you'll have it mastered, or atelast markedly improved, in a few weekends. Then you can take what you learned and pass it on to others...or just let them figure it all out while they watch your taillights, lol.

Let us know how you progress the next time out.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:12 pm 

Don't know where the Denton track is didn't know about it until yesterday. I'm probably gonna go ride around until I find it I know the general direction lol. I've been going to kennedale it's where we went when I was in a 350z club. It was a lot of fun. I work off on a pipeline. But when I'm home yea I'll go with y'all. I love racing. Use to race dirt track. But got to expensive.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm 

Duke01, Alan at Classic is the best service manager around. Very klnowable of the Challengers. he has helped me with problems before. Use him up he is very good to the Mopar Challenger guys.He will be working on mine on the 20th of this month. Guys up here have no idea what is wrong with it.

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:35 am 

While I'd stick to Mopar, I do like the 350z/G35 lineup...still working on coming around to the new body style...How does the SRT compare to your sports car?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:50 pm 

My only complaint is that it don't handle as well. I had the nismo edition with the aero kit seam welded frame after market coil overs and sway bars. I miss zipping around tight corners and weeving in and out of traffic. But the power of that 6.1 liter hemi makes up for it. Also parts for the challenger is cheaper than for the 350z. My exhaust cost 2,500 dollars. It was worth it though. Got it from a company called Fast Intentions in California. Custom made catbacks from the highest quality parts such as magnaflow, borla, etc mufflers and thick polished stainless steel tubing. My kit didn't have any rasp in it and was deep of a tone as a small V8. But a little to loud couldn't get much higher than idle in a parking garage without setting every car alarm off. They don't have anything for the challenger yet I don't think. They make exhaust for Nissan infiniti Audi Porsche and lamborghini. Thinking about seeing if the owner Tony can make something for challengers. Mpg was better in the z but i don't care. Company I work for pays for my gas. The challenger is made a lot better after just two years in the Z it had more rattles than a tub full of rattle snakes.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 pm 

What y'all think about the billet catch can system. I'm about to buy it just wanted to know what yalls opinion on it is.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next