Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 pm 

Just a couple of years old. Headers are chrome....they are scarred up a little and can still use some more cleaning up.....I didn't keep them wiped off very well when they were on my car. Other than that they are in excellent condition. Asking 300.00. Compare them with a new set that's a whopping high price.

Thanks!
hotrod340

You know what.....275.00........they gotta go......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am 

Hey hotrod340, I'm interested in those type of headers for my 69 dart with a 360. Do you know of any negatives I might come across using these headers on my toy? If not, I'd like to know were you are located, maybe I can go take a look and buy your headers, that is a good price, unlike the new ones. Especially with the hollydays comming up! Hope to talk to you soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 pm 

Unless the deal fell thru, I believe he sold them..I'll try and find out for you and get his feedback on the headers.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:47 pm 

Yes, the headers have been sold! The only reason I sold them is because I'm going back to original on my Dart. As far as headers go, these were the best headers I have ever seen and used. The fit is excellent, the ground clearance is great, and they are quiet. Spark plug access is easy and there are no tubes in the way on the drivers side, and there are no plug wire problems. The only problem I did see is you'll probably have to use the small starter in case you ever have to change starters. The real drawback obviously is the price. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:22 pm 

That was a good price for quality headers then. I guess I'm out of luck for now, I did forget to mention I had trouble with my headers hitting on the power stearing gear box on my Dart. Thank you for your info. I have a newer type stock aluminum starter from an (89) 318 in my car, will that starter clear itt brand headers? (I'll look into buying new ones, but some sellers don't even know what there selling lol). Do you know of anyone selling some of those stock (big port) manifolds for 340/360 for my toy? A couple of years ago I saw a company selling replica's in some magazine, but darn memory, I can't remember where I saw that. Once again thank's for the info. and for this cool Lone Star Mopars site.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:26 pm 

I am running Dynomax headers (with Jet Hot) on my 408 Duster. They fit great and clear the mini-starter (off a Magnum). They are priced right as well.

The old 340 had Hooker SuperComps that were a total pain to remove/install. I still have to run the drag-link thru the primaries with these Dynomax, but it isn't a big deal.

Mancini sometimes has manifolds if you call...these guys repop them as well:
http://www.accurateltd.com/340-Exhaust- ... p_162.html

Glad you like the site...feel free to spread the word!

TTI is prob the way to go, but the downside, like hotrod340 said, is the cost.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:17 pm 

Another route you could go is Doug Thorley headers. They aren't quite as high as TTI's but just as good. If you're interested in exhaust manifolds the ones you need are for 68 - 70 340's. 71 and later are different and less desirable. I have some for a 70 340 I "may" consider selling. These are getting very hard to come by..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm 

OK, guys, I spent quite some time this weekend searching the internet for headers that will fit (properly) in my 69 Dart 360. Truth is I'm not too computer literate, but either the price is crazy! or they just don't say if they will clear the power stearing gear box or any good details to trust they WILL fit right. (all brands are very limited on A body headers, but for all the OTHER'S, they have tons) On my brother's 74 dart he installed some that clear the gear box good, but they are too low and hit bottom real quick. So, instead of risking not being happy with headers, how much for those manifolds hotrod340? Do you think they perform close to header performance? I'd by happy! Please let me know and thanks again for your time and info. guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:43 pm 

Personally, I think the good manifolds are just as good as headers for the street.....headers are more for higher rpm range. There will be some people to disagree with me on this though. But if you've got a good set up and it's tuned good.....it will run great without headers. As far as price goes......these have been going for 600.00 and up. And they are getting harder and harder to find. Lance mentioned Accurate Exhaust selling the reproductions. This is true.......call them and see if you can work a deal with them. I think they were willing to knock some bucks off to sell me a set. I've decided to keep the one's I've got and use them on my car. In the meantime I'll keep my eyes open for manifolds and headers for your application.

Kenny

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]