[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Hello from Houston/Cypress

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:25 am 

Hello all from Houston/Cypress Texas... I previously posted something on our club section, but not everyone's going to head over there....

Name's Troy. Been tinkering with Mopars, more specifically Chargers, since 1981 when I first started driving. I've been involved in mopar clubs pretty much my whole life with past involvement as President of the Houston Mopar Club Connection. I have owned many Mopars ranging from 1969 Road Runners, Lil' Red Expresses to my current collection of a '69 Charger Daytona and '69 Charger 500. I have a wonderful family.

Cheers,
Troy

Troy
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
1969 Dodge Charger 500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 pm 

Welcome....Absolutely love the Daytona.Many times in the last few years I have toyed with the idea of cloning a Daytona with my 70. 8-)

70 Charger R/T,project,my 1st car.
63 Fury,500 ci,pump gas,street/brackt car.Dragweek Bound!
72 D100,400,auto,2wd,driver.
05 Cummins Ram,few tweeks,tow rig.
11 Ram Crew Cab,Hemi,deep water blue with sport package.
57 Chevy,427,700r4,ac,tilt,cruise.....wife's..lol
Lubbock Dragway No Box Champ 95
Amarillo Dragway Street Champ 08,09..Box Camp 10.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:43 am 

Busy day, you beat me to moving the post, lol...I figure it is good to have it up in the HMCC Club Forum as well, give prospective LSM folks an "at home" feel 8-)

As I said before, that is one heck of a stable. Two of the best cars of all time in your garage; granted I am partial to the Chargers, particularly 69s, but I would be hard pressed to find many argue :mrgreen:

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:37 pm 

Howdy & Welcome to Lone Star MoPar's.
That is one nice ride. My son is a Daytona fanatic.

My Mods started 10/2/09 and it hasn't stopped YET !
MoPar- Strut Tower Brace. MoPar- Hood Struts. Billet Tech- Anodized Catch Can. Blastin Bob's- Glasspack Resonated Kit. Eibach- Pro Lowering Kit. MoPar- Heavy Duty Sway Bars. PAINTED Wheels. HXC- Cuda Grill & Tail Light Panel. HURST- Pistol Grip Shifter. Cervini- Shaker & Hood. Cuda Badge. Hemi Hockey Stick Stripe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:33 pm 

You welcomed me, so I gotta welcome you too Troy! Troy's other nickname, in case anyone is wondering, is "The Man". So henceforth, all future posts will recognize him as Troy "The Man" Hawkes :lol:

Cheers (Lance, where's the Beer smiley??? :?: )

1969 Charger RT/SE
1969-1/2 A12 Roadrunner
1956 Chevrolet Nomad
www.rtresto.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm 

You guys have a hook-up with Janak down there.I may need "in the door" with him to get parts if I decide to do the Daytona thing with my Charger.My wife is gettin sick of me leavin the computer up with the shot of Troy's car on the screen. :lol:

70 Charger R/T,project,my 1st car.
63 Fury,500 ci,pump gas,street/brackt car.Dragweek Bound!
72 D100,400,auto,2wd,driver.
05 Cummins Ram,few tweeks,tow rig.
11 Ram Crew Cab,Hemi,deep water blue with sport package.
57 Chevy,427,700r4,ac,tilt,cruise.....wife's..lol
Lubbock Dragway No Box Champ 95
Amarillo Dragway Street Champ 08,09..Box Camp 10.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:26 pm 

Troy
1969 Dodge Charger 500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 pm 

I know of another 69 Daytona over in Tomball. Belongs to my prior boss Rick Boen at Tomball Ford. I moved from being a Master CRR tech to the darkside, Appraiser! LOL!

Boy did the bodyman/butcher ruin it!! Chinese 1/4s and a crapload of filler! Hurt my feelings when I watched him cut off all the original steel from the back and put all that flimsy chinese stuff on it!

You probabely know my good friends Joe and Sheryle Keen. She has a 63 Maxwedge cloan and he has the 72 Blown Cuda out there in the Woodlands. I restored a 69 Superbee for them that is being assembled at this time. Detonator Yellow with a 526 goin in it. Says he is gonna drive it on the street??

Lots of Mopars hidden around here!

Force Fed Fish
1968 "H" code Formula S Fastback
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:50 am 

Troy
1969 Dodge Charger 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 am 

Unfortunately it was Ricks car. He had both 1/4's, both wheelwells, rear trunk floor 2 piece and the rear body panel replaced as well as the complete rear window channel and rt front inner fender/apron. Watched the butchery every day until it was primed. Last I seen it, it was ready for alot of block sanding. He put it back in hibernation again. He doesn't like talking about it too much. He is building a 68 or 69 Fastback Mustang as I type. My brother from another mother just painted it.
I'm sure we will meet at nifty 50's. I am waiting on G&G to balance my crank,rods and pistons so I can assemble the turbo engine in my Cuda. Then I can get it painted too.

See you 'round!

Force Fed Fish
1968 "H" code Formula S Fastback
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]