Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 am 

New guy from Alvin, Texas. Making some MOD's on my R/T and saw the video on youtube on the installation of the oil catch can, and followed it to here. I'm a former Graphic Artist now Mechanical Designer, just want to say that the LONE STAR MOPAR web page is sick, really like the way it looks and feels, it's set up is very user friendly. I am currently waiting on parts. The stock exhaust will be replaced with a more aggressive sounding Flowmaster American Thunder, Moroso catch can, and a K&N CAI, replacing the shifter with a Hurst. Thinking about getting the Diablo Sport Tuner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 pm 

Welcome aboard, glad you are liking the site!

The Moroso catch can is a great piece...I had hoped the video I shot would help steer folks this direction. The goal of Lone Star Mopars is to provide a FREE forum with no moderator bs and no excessive ads like on other late model Mopar sites...we are also 100% Mopar 8-)

I have been waiting and debating on a catback myself...the flowmaster is by far the best bang for the buck...I don't think you'll be disappointed. Sounds like you have a nice approach to the mods...what color is your car?

Feel free to spread the word on LSM...I'd like to get folks from all over Texas and then anyone else looking for a "different" site. If you've got a local group you run with that would like a place to post, but can't justify a standalone site etc I will make you a subforum in the "Clubhouse."

I am hoping to make it down to Lubbock for a dyno date at the end of March...if I can get that done I will likely start in on more performance mods. I really want that initial baseline before doing anything from the performance end of the spectrum. I also plan to make a few more passes at the track, I think the M10 is quicker than last year when I ran it. If you don't have many miles on the '12 yet, you will likely notice a pickup somewhere around 1500-2k miles 8-)

Keep us posted on the ride...and especially the upcoming exhaust upgrade!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 am 

I notice you didn't say anything about the CAI Mod. What is your thought on this? I am heading to Baytown Drag on the 16th, just to get a starting point. I'm really stoked about my ride, always been a fan of MOPARS.

Attachments:
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG [ 42.08 KiB | Viewed 15363 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm 

Do it.

The CAI will provide a deeper intake note, but also has a way, especially when coupled with a tune, of making the exhaust sound that much better. It is all subtle, but if you took a bone stock R/T, a catback on an R/T, the same cat back on an R/T with a CAI, and the same catback on an R/T with a CAI and a tune you'd pick up on it and everyone usually agrees the CAI+Tune makes for the best augment on the cat back.

I'm hoping you make the passes on the 16th stock so you can report back on the gains! Over time the car will pick up as well.

Our track opens on the same weekend, so hopefully a few of us will have new times to post.

The car looks great, don't think I've seen that color combo in person! When do you think the parts will trickle in?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:05 am 

Thats a Roger on the all stock run. Great info on the CAI. I talked with my Speed Shop yesterday,and they parts should arrive Today. I will create a spread sheet and Track performance as I add on. Great Chat.

Long Live MOPARS and Their Drivers!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm 

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you run...and then of course how you like the new parts and what they do performance wise for you!

A lot of times guys and gals will just load the car down with parts and never see what they really did, lol.

That'll be a great thing to see with progressive improvements etc. Don't have too much fun!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 am 

Is your car a auto or 6 speed? Do not be disappointed with your first speed. It gets better all the time.CAI is one of the best things to get also. If you run a tuner change your t-stat to 180 degree. I have several and would like to see more people put mods on. they do help the ride. It helped my gas mileage also. Good luck on your Mod's....

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]