[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Hello From Cape Canaveral Florida

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 pm 

Hello My name is Buddy Found this site by accident Am Former owner of a Dodge 05 Rumble bee Now a Proud owner of a Mopar 10 Blue stripe Pistol grip 6speed Challenger # 387 of 500 Hope to learn alot about the Stats on the car and Mods ( not many of them want to keep her as stock looking as possible ) ;o)

Attachments:
mopar10a.jpg
mopar10a.jpg [ 86.78 KiB | Viewed 13855 times ]

Owner of 2010 Mopar 10 #387 Blue stripe Pistol grip 6 speed
also a 2006 Dodge charger POS ( yes the POS stands for Piece o Chit ) i hate this ride
1967 Volkswagon beetle in storage inline for Resto ( Wifes first car original her father brought it back from Germany in 67 )
and 1 Pocket Rocket RX6 bike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm 

Welcome to the Lone Star Mopars. Our founder has a Mopar 10. He is also trying to find mods for the Challenger. he is running into all kinds of trouble. Can not update this and cannot update that. He will be on later and would love to visit with you.

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:41 pm 

Welcome aboard Buddy, very nice ride...looks like mine :mrgreen: That pic is definitely desktop worthy!

Lone Star Mopars is an online forum for everyone, if you've got a group of guys down your way, or are in a Mopar club that can't fund or run a website/forum, let me know and I will create a club forum for you in the "Club House"

More importantly in your case, I have started the Mopar 10 Registry 8-)

I am hoping to keep track of everything: number, stripe, tranny, options, original dealer, buying experience, final location, mods, performance, awards, trouble shooting etc...and ultimately have an archive on file so we can potentially orchestrate Mopar 10 Owners GTGs.

I have noticed most folks that wound up with an M10 have them parked. I drive mine. It is a fine line modifying these cars as you don't want to go to far. My stance is that as long as I keep the stock pieces, I can revert back to stock at anytime, and therefore have little qualms about doing so.

My main gripes are that the factory shorted us a lowered stance, catback, and tint...and a few more that I won't gripe too much about. I hold Dodge/Mopar to very high standards btw, lol.

I've got to ask if your car has Sound Group I or II? Mine is SGI and it is pretty disappointing. My 2001 Ram's 6 speaker Infinity system blows this out of the water, sure expected a lot more for 10 years worth of technology. Ironically a local dealer was going to pick up a blue M10 out of FL on a trade, believe it was 211 or 252 with SGII. I went with the in-state option and much better deal planning to upgrade to a nav system anyway (timing is everything and it was non-existent with that notion...haven't given up hope yet, still getting things looked into, at least the 2011s have TravelLink).

All that aside, these are awesome cars and sure to be collectible on down the road. I feel it is my duty as an owner to DRIVE the car, run it down the track, and enter a show or two. All mods will be tastefully done. Hopefully you beat me to some things so I can learn from someone else instead of pave the way on my lonesome, haha. It'll save both of us some time and money.

If you check out Lone Star Mopars Online Magazine:
http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news

You can see articles on a few of the mods I've done...nothing major yet, haven't had the time.

If it is any help here is what I've done:
Gas Hood Struts, Blue Interior Lighting, Bright Pedal Pads, Blue Fogs, Locking Gas Cap, M10 Center Caps, M10 Lanyards, Moroso Catch Can, G2 Blue Caliper Pain, Blue R/T embem. My big thing is finding an exhaust I like (very picky here) and the caveat is I have to here it in person. Outside of that I'll be doing things as funds allow, if I can be of any help just let me know.

Feel free to post up your plans and be sure to check out the Mopar 10 section on the site. Lone Star Mopars just launched in March so things are very much in the "growing" phases. We already have members from NM to FL (thanks!), and will continue to grow. Please spread the word on LSM's Forum and LSM Online Magazine as well as the Mopar 10 Registry. If you know any other M10 Owners send them this way.

Hopefully we can cross paths at some point...if so at least I know you'll be in a cool car :mrgreen:

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 am 

also a 2006 Dodge charger POS ( yes the POS stands for Piece o Chit ) i hate this ride
1967 Volkswagon beetle in storage inline for Resto ( Wifes first car original her father brought it back from Germany in 67 )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:54 am 

TexasStroker hello and thanks for the welcome I TOO am Very picky and find some things on the car i do not like but can be changed Stance is one of them it could be about 2 inches lower to me and the Window tint and the Exhaust sound could be alot better which i tend to FIX all these little problems Other than that i have found No other problems with mine. the stereo in my M10 is WAYYY better than what i had in my 05 Rumblebee and Being in Florida the dealer disconnected the Video system Due to the laws here in this state but i have ordered the MyGig lockpick to fix that..

so far i am not a member of any car club in my area but i do know of another M10 owner in my area who i think will Fit Nicely here i have sent him the link he has a Silver striped car #192 i think.. if i remember correctly We met at the Hot Rod Power Tour here in cape canaveral we both entered the show and out of the 2k plus cars we was the only M10's to be seen anywhere which i thought was pretty cool i have owned nothing but dodge/Chrysler products for as long as i can remember had a 69 hemi RoadRunner that the wife made me sell to buy a house ( shoulda sold the wife but lessons learned ) 70 Challenger and a 69 Charger all i have now is my 06 Charger POS i call it my POS due to the fact it has the 2.7l V6 ( yes i know brain fart on buyin that one ) but the wife loves it and wont let me Trade it in on the 392 Challenger but im working on it lol

I hope i can bring some knowledge to the table here and Possibly some Group Buys as i do have a friend that has a speed shop In another state.. im gonna talk to him this weekend to see what we can do here n there on some things.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 pm 

Awesome! Texas has tint laws, the okies can get a full blackout that looks killer on the M10s. I can't believe something that simple (factory tint) was left off as it was even included in the art work for the initial rendering, lol. Glad you feel the same way about the stance, I feel like these cars were built to mimic the 70 T/A and AAR, with the front and rear braces, STP, and other nods to the road-race type suspension I would think factory lowering springs would have been a no brainer. I would understand not going with coilovers, but the springs would be simple and off the shelf.

The big issue you will have here, if you don't already know, is the rear shocks. If we had base R/Ts we could lower the cars for $200-$400 worth in springs...but we don't. The STP, which is great, includes the self-levelling rear shocks, which won't work with the lowering springs...so they have to go and be replaced. Bottom line, we are out about $900 or so where our R/T counterparts can get it done for a fraction of that price.

The Mopar Cat Back is another off the shelf item I feel like should have been included, no questions asked. Not asking for headers or a high flow cats...just the MP catback. Whatever you do on this route keep me posted. I have 2 systems in mind, but have to hear them in person on a 5.7 under all the load variables before shelling out the cash.

You very well may beat me to either of these, if so I"ll learn from your progress. If I get there first I'll tell you what to do, or sadly what not to do.

We'd love to have your friend with the silver stripe join. Cool you were the only 2 at such a big event. blcd74 and myself were at MATS this year and there were ZERO Mopar 10s. I figured there would be 3-5 out and about.

Seeing as you've got video disabled I know you've got SGII. That very well may explain why you are happy and I am not, lol. Keep in mind I'm not a stereo guy...that is the last thing I thought I'd ever spend money on with the M10. And funny you'd mention a 69 Charger, that was my first car and is still in the stable. It sports 1980s Pioneer 6x9s and sounds about like the M10's factory 4 speaker set-up.

For keeping the HID, EVIC, and NAV off the table I would have hoped for 2 of the 3 (springs, catback, solid stereo). And yes, if you are interested in the EVIC swap I've got a few insiders working on the leads...doesn't look promising or sound cheap though, haha. A Mopar Challenger should have had EVIC...

Still, as much as I complain about the little things, it is only done from the high standards I set for something I truly love. Overall, as is, the M10 is one hell of car and really fits the bill of the "one man car show" they so accurately appointed it. We've got a red striped car in town, but I've only seen it once.

Have your buddy sign up and ya'll can be in the first half dozen on the registry.

Looking forward to seeing what all you get done to your M10...sad story on the Roadrunner though. I've wondered how many M10 owners had the full blood pedigree and how many were just collectors/investors. I fall into the thoroughbred lineup...that's 2 for 2 so far 8-)

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]