Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 46RE Pan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 am 

Well, I'm looking into upgrading the pan on my Ram...

Has anyone picked up an aftermarket pan with the drain plug and extra capacity? I'm debating between the steel Derale and aluminum TCI.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Post subject: Re: 46RE Pan
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm 

Well, I got the pan...

went with the B&M unit. Cast Aluminum, Magnetic Plug, Tapped for a temp sending unit, and it holds 4 quarts over stock (although I think the pan on my truck is the best the factory had).

I just wanted to update this thread with the info:

I spent roughly 4-5 hours trying to find the good "3rd Hand Gasket" that ATP use to make...apparently now EVERY parts store in the area gets the kit from Pioneer that just has the plain, rubber gasket. That took about 2 hours. Then the rest was spent trying to find a torque wrench that will read 72 inch lbs. I called ahead on this and was told AutoZone had a 3/8 Drive that would read it.

I got there and the range was clearly 120-250, wth? Tried O'Reallys with no luck and then made the mistake of going to Sears. They had one torque wrench in stock...it has a digital read out and would have only set me back $219.99 thanks to the sale. That would have cost more than the pan, filter, gasket, and 10 quarts of ATF +4 combined.

It is simple stuff like this that makes it seem like things have gone to hell.

These are parts for a 2001 Ram that should be common place. I'm not looking for obsolete stuff for the Charger or brand new parts for the M10. Things have changed just since I was 16 and it isn't for the better.

I've got the pan off...I'll finish it up next free time I get, although getting the pan off with the skidplate in place was a nightmare in and of itself.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]