Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:53 am 

Has anyone installed or had first hand experience with an AeroForce Interceptor?

I am getting mixed feedback, but nothing definitive. It seems most threads where progress was made on the subject either got left unresolved, or are highlighted by posts from people now banned on the forum :roll: (btw, that is a big reason LSM exists!).

The issue seems to be that non-EVIC cars made after 08 are rumored to not display oil pressure, despite the sensor being there for the dash light. I have no clue why it wouldn't be able to be produced on the scan gauge, but that is the rumor.

I have two people I trust stating that, but one hasn't dealt with it personally and the other told me this within a week of the install and I don't know if it was platform 1 or platform 2 etc. I know oil pressure will display on 08+ EVIC equipped cars, and I've even found out thanks to other inquisitive minds that 07 back non-EVIC cars can get it to display.

I'd prefer not to use an analog input for this reading...

So, does anyone know anything? I've got a no risk offer from AeroForce (who has been great tech & sales wise) and might just pull the trigger and find out for myself. I surely can't be the only 2009+ Challenger owner that doesn't have EVIC that wants the readouts EVIC offers.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am 

Time to dispel the myths...

I just tested (and installed) dual AeroForce Interceptors and I can attest to the fact that Oil Pressure is not only present under Platform 2, but that it also reads and displays correctly 8-)

All that misinformation from shops and other forums and it was all incorrect. I am very happy with FINALLY being able to monitor the most critical reading and had a lot of fun just playing around with the gauges tonight.

Be on the lookout for the install write-up and detailed videos.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]