Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 am 

I've had my R/T for about 3 weeks now; :D and my airbag warning light was coming on. :cry: Now remind you I do have to haul my kids around, and I figured them getting in and out of the back seat might have loosened up the plug and receptacle. God only knows, they don't appreciate the MOPAR like Daddy does, sometimes I think they’re the trying to shove the passenger seat through the front windshield, :shock: so anyway after doing a little research, I did find out, that this is an issue with the Challengers. I had arranged to have the service guy at the dealership take a look at it, but the more I thought about some other man putting their hands all over her, the sicker It me feel. :oops: My initial look under the passenger seat was really overwhelming with a couple of wiring harness and a shit load of wires staring at me, once again the sick feeling started resurfacing, but not to be discouraged I pressed on. I remember reading where the plug had two wires running from it, so I trudged on looking for the nemesis. I did finally find a plug, that fit that description located on the side of the seat next to the center console. The plastic male end being square in geometry is plugged into a metal round receptacle, even from the first glance, it looks poorly engineered. I pressed on it a little and moved the wires around, and sure enough the airbag warning light went off. I don’t know if what I did caused the light to go off, but I do know I sure slept better knowing, that another man was not going to being touching her down there. :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 am 

Weird, I was not aware of this issue...but I know what you mean about seats getting pushed from behind...maybe that is why we have plastic seat backs instead of leather, lol.

Even as toddlers we learned that triangle shapes go in triangle holders, lol. I can't say I'm shocked given some of the stuff I have unearthed though.

Main thing, like you said, is you got it fixed...and now if any of us have issues we will know the remedy thanks to your post!

I do know that most airbag stuff is supposed to be retina searing yellow, lol. Hopefully it won't be an issue anymore...

Oh, and from time to time you can get into it off the line to termporarily remedy the seat kicking, haha.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]