[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Does anyone prefer the Backup Sensors or Rear View Camera?

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:54 pm 

Do you prefer Backup Sensors, or Rear View Camera? Or both?

This morning another Challenger Owner (Jerry) of an Inferno Red RT installed my camera & lockpick system for me. I am highly thankful for that act of kindness. Especially, considering that he had just installed his own and he was able to do mine system even quicker (less than an hour). Wow!! I functions great. Now I have to research the cost of headrest screens for my 11 year old son, so he can see the movies in the back seat. LOL The sound and picture quality is great (stationary or moving).

The Rear View Camera is GREAT!!! I just have to get use to it being an additional source.

I've had this Rear View Camera sitting in the box - in the garage since last fall. I can't believe I waited this long to get around to it. I actually forgot about it... LOL

Enjo the Ride...

My Mods started 10/2/09 and it hasn't stopped YET !
MoPar- Strut Tower Brace. MoPar- Hood Struts. Billet Tech- Anodized Catch Can. Blastin Bob's- Glasspack Resonated Kit. Eibach- Pro Lowering Kit. MoPar- Heavy Duty Sway Bars. PAINTED Wheels. HXC- Cuda Grill & Tail Light Panel. HURST- Pistol Grip Shifter. Cervini- Shaker & Hood. Cuda Badge. Hemi Hockey Stick Stripe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:53 pm 

I'd go with the camera...a lot of the cameras have built in guidelines (green, yellow, red). The sensors are nice, but can be annoying. Just last week I was backing up an f150 to get a spool of wire, put the tailgate down to see better and the whole time it was like I was standing on a land mine, lol.

I hope to eventually have a nice head unit complete with the backup camera. Biggest downside to good sensors is all the holes in the bumpers.

Alpine makes a very nice montior that I'm sure Ian would like. Before you give best buy your money, give DFW Stereo a call (817) 488-5151...I ran in there on the way out-of-town, nearly bought a head unit, but it wasn't in stock...the owner said he had a warehouse downtown and was the best price around. I believe that is who Rod uses as well.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 pm 

I got my backup cam installed and love it...still not used to it being there, but it sure cuts out the blindspots. If you've got a late model Chally I'd say this needs to be on your short list...the peace of mind is worth it alone. Plus, the ability to use it as a source going down the road is pretty cool.

The sensors aren't bad, aside from vehicle specific issues, but they are no where near as cool as the camera :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 pm 

Hey Lance, I'll have to check out the DFW place.
By the way, I have to get better connectors.

MoPar- Strut Tower Brace. MoPar- Hood Struts. Billet Tech- Anodized Catch Can. Blastin Bob's- Glasspack Resonated Kit. Eibach- Pro Lowering Kit. MoPar- Heavy Duty Sway Bars. PAINTED Wheels. HXC- Cuda Grill & Tail Light Panel. HURST- Pistol Grip Shifter. Cervini- Shaker & Hood. Cuda Badge. Hemi Hockey Stick Stripe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 pm 

Better connectors for your camera? Those guys were pretty nice when we ran in, just off one of the main roads in Grapevine.

As for your head rest monitors, check out what I got last night...nice sale on some good monitors:

http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/inde ... les-flyers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:51 pm 

Hey Lance, is it the "Scytek" monitors for $59.00???

Did you install them???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 pm 

Haha, I just meant I got the e-mail and knew you were looking for monitors...

I did check them out and they don't look bad...wish there was a review on them though. I think the install would be fairly simple, mainly just figuring out how to route the wires from the seatback, to the floor, and to the source.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 pm 

A review or even some knowledge of the company track record would be good. Other than that I have to continue to to research.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:21 pm 

I know the Alpine monitors look great, just cost a lot more. Might call DFW Stereo and see if they've got any demos to check out. Ian would really enjoy it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:42 am 

I am in the market for the Lockpick and cameras. Coastal Tech sells one for my 430N RHB. Looks like its easy to install. Any suggestions on vendors or models for my system.

Thanks,

Marty

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next