Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Superchips Vivid
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm 

As I creep closer to 2500-3000 miles I have been spending more time researching tuners. Since the M10 didn't come with EVIC the Diablo Trinity is a strong contender, however, Diablo themselves dodged my question regarding the accuracy of their "virtual dragstrip" twice...I figure that does not bode well for the feature. I thought it would be nice to have that since it would make up for the lack of EVIC, and adding EVIC is a huge expesne and trouble (long story).

I was thus debating the pros of the Trinity vs the much more budget friendly Predator....there really doesn't seem to be enough of a buying public witth a 5.7 HEMI that runs anything else: Superchips, Hypertech, etc....at least not enough of a presence to gauge the performance of the product and assess the overall value. So I am leaning towards the Predator based on the fact I can't get an answer on the accuracy of the virtual dragstrip...

Then whamo...new Summit catalog shows up yesterday...I skim it and find the Superchips Vivid...it sounds awesome, and I saw where there base programmer topped the Predator for peak power, although I still don't have any real world users to substantiate that claim
I log on today to research the Vivid and there is virtually nothing...I can get a generic and somewhat vague description and that is it Summit listed them at the same price as the Trinity. So why was I excited, get this...

The Vivid is not only a tuner, it is a tablet pc...it has an input for a backup camera, it has gps, and it has WiFi capabilities which means I could pull up radar in the car like I had been trying to source to a head unit. This would mean you can can the expensive head unit with GPS etc and save big time. And I didn't mention it is Android powered, has accelerometers built in, will host apps, provide maintenance reminders and most importantly has a built in HD video camera and 2 MP camera (which is kind of weak, but still).

I was still excited, then tonight I get home and check summit...it lists for $599, but the "race" version (which is not defined) retails for $749...now we are back in the price range of a gps based head unit.

The real kicker though is that there is virtually nothing on this on the web...If I was launching such a bad ass tuning tool I'd have dyno charts, videos of all the features, the whole 9 yards. As it is I don't want to sink any money into it until enough people have one for me to decidie if it is woth buying. The same thing happened with hte head unit, I've gotten so burned out waiting on locla shops to get "power supplies" and give unbiased reviews I'm to the point I don't really even care to swap them out...I'm about to that point with the tuners. People are happy with the Predator, but I still want to know that if I buy it, I'm getting the best bang for the buck...with the lack of feedback on any other product it is impossible to figure that out.

If anyone has the cash and wants to pick up something that seems cool, pop for hte Vivid and let us all know how you like it. I don't have the money to make it happen and I don't want to be the guinea pig for everyone, lol. I may just keep the thing stock the way stuff is going.

I shot them an e-mail around lunch yesterday and have not heard anything back. Someone is interested in 2 products, wants to review them upon getting them in, and I can't even get an e-mail answered with basic questions that should have been covered in the press releases...fantastic :roll: I'm holding out hope they'll get back to me, but my experience with mfgs of late model parts is that they won't...hopefully I'm wrong.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Post subject: Re: Superchips Vivid
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 pm 

Still no reply and I registered for their forum with the same email address early in the week...my account has yet to be activated. I really have to question a company that won't answer any questions. I had no gripes, just questions and the desire to spend money on their products.

I've got strikes on Diablo and Superchips now...whatever I wind up with I will dang sure EMPHASIZE how poor their customer service/tech support is :evil:

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]