[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Strokeing a 6.1

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Strokeing a 6.1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:40 am 

K-1 HEMI 426 Stroker Kit(4.080 Stroke) Includes: Crank, Rods, Pistons Toner Ring, and Bearings. Add balancing and this kit is ready to install in your 6.1 HEMI Engine. (copied from shophemi.com)

now idk a thing about strokeing a motor so do I have to bore the cylinders.

Here's a link to the kit 6.1 to 426 stroker
http://www.shophemi.com/p-264-k-1-426-h ... r-kit.aspx

here's one for a 5.7 to a 392 stroker
http://www.shophemi.com/p-263-k-1-392-h ... r-kit.aspx

2009 B5 Blue Dodge Challenger.
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Post subject: Re: Strokeing a 6.1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:51 am 

Also if y'all haven't been to that website they have tons of hemi performance parts. There reasonably priced. They have everything from a 25 dollar thermostat to a 15,000 dollar 440 hemi stroker ready to drop in the car.
Just bought a razors edge thermosstat and C&L cold air intake from them.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 pm 

Arrington (shophemi) has some great products for sure. The largest you can stroke a 6.1 without boring the cylinders is a 392. You can bore it to a 440 but you will need to sleeve the cylinder walls, and you won't be able to rebuild it. Personally my plan is to stroke my block to a 392 but with forged internals and such I am gonna slap on a blower and turn the boost up on it haha.

2008 Dodge Charger SuperBee #560 w/ options I,II,and III - Headlight Halo's - Dash Halo's - Magnaflow Exhaust - DANKO '69 Style Cuda Grille - ARIA Composite CAI - DMH low profile exhaust cutouts - Colormatched SRT Wheels - Billet Technology Underhood Kit - SRT T-Handle Shifter - Custom Designed Vinyl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 pm 

So I don't to have to bore it out for the 392 kit hell yea I guess after you stroke it you will have to buy parts for a 392 motor then such as headers and exhaust. Arrrington motors has a kit with heads and cams that over 100 hp to a 6.1. Will I still be able to use that kit. They also have a stage two intake manifold with a 90 mm throttle body. The C&L cai I just is actually made for that throttle body so I had to get 80mm reducer which I'll take off when I get the throttle body and intake manifold

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 pm 

When I get ready to do mine I am gonna contact Performance Werks Racing (PWR). They are probably the one of the best if not the best in the modern HEMI world. I will be getting heads, cam, 6.4 stroker, intake, long tubes, rear axles, lsd rearend, and upgraded tranny, and most likely a Vortech blower. I am hoping I can do all of it for around 15-17k installed. Nothing wrong with Arrington either I just really like the builds that PWR has done in the past.

2008 Dodge Charger SuperBee #560 w/ options I,II,and III - Headlight Halo's - Dash Halo's - Magnaflow Exhaust - DANKO '69 Style Cuda Grille - ARIA Composite CAI - DMH low profile exhaust cutouts - Colormatched SRT Wheels - Billet Technology Underhood Kit - SRT T-Handle Shifter - Custom Designed Vinyl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 am 

Sounds like a plan! Similar plans if I ever payoff dis note, lil less than 5 years now. But it's gonna be a 426 barely bore over square for me, never cared for strokers as the mills work too hard, square or overbore for me! Also gonna SC but again no Centi, roots baby! If your gonna beef up engine first ( smart to me IMHO), put a real SC on it, not a driven turbopump, but thats MO, no humble here,LOL!

VICTUS SOLVO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am 

Centi,SC,MO WTF dude speak English LOL. I'm 22 and i don't know what most of your short hands were LOL.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 am 

I'm debating either stroked 392 or bored 426. Putting a kenne bell supercharger on it either way I go. And of course heads cams tranny upgrade and a diff. and rear axles. It will be about 15-20 grand so yea it's gonna be a while.

Just ordered a C and L cold air intake and a razors edge thermostat can't wait to get em'. C&L worked with diablo to build a cold air that will work best with there tuner. Seeing how I already have the tuner figured this was the best route. They also gave a detailed description and dyno sheet screen shots. 25-30 Rwhp gain when combined with a diablo.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 am 

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 am 

Hopefully it will improve. I hope there not lieing like Jeggs did with there exhaust for a 6.1. The claimed a 40 rwhp boost had "dyno sheets" to prove it but when you look up reviews you don't get no where near that. Turned out the dyno sheets were phonies.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next