[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Force Fed Fish

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Force Fed Fish
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:05 pm 

Well folks,
I did the unthinkable! I just lost my mind with all the gremlins and with the loss of employment I traded the Cuda.
Back in September of 2012 a man from New Jersey emailed me about a ad I had placed on racingjunk.com in March for a 30 day stint. It expired and I totally forgot about it. I was frustrated by alot of things happening at the time with the car and my personal life.

Short story,
I traded for a Modern Mopar! I now have a sweet 2008 SRT8 Charger loaded to the max. It has all 3 group options without the dreaded sunroof which I care nothing about and is a plus in my book. Came with a Stage III custom tune from CMR/HHP, AEM cold air intake, Dynatech longtube headers and Highflow cats. 3" stainless all the way out to the JBA 4" tips. Very aggressive sounding 3rd Gen 6.1 Hemi. I estimate 460 to 480hp easy! Personal best of 12.98 at 110mph spinning the hell out of the hard Toyo Proxes ST street tires through 1st, 2nd into 3rd 100 feet out. Needs some stickies and should see 12.60's easy! Badass for a 4200 pound brick eh?? Has Vossen 20" wheels (20x9 fronts-20x10.5 rears) with 315/35-20's out back. I have done quite a few mods to it since I got it! Started with repairing the destroyed front spoiler that the prior owner handmade and wrapping it in carbon fiber and added a pair of Longacre adjustable struts, Flashtech 14 volt Halo's with red "Terminator" l.e.d.'s behind the hid projector lenses. Looks "EVIL" when they are on. Changed the highbeams and fogs to Silverstar bulbs. Also added a Lockpick to open all options in the MyGig which has the 13 speaker 660 watt Kicker audio system which sounds great. This is the first car I didn't have to add audio too LoL...... I also painted the top and sides of the taillights body color to flow better with the bodylines. She is PS2 Silver with dual matte black stripes front to back. I have zero regrets with the trade!!! I get to enjoy the SRT on a daily basis and have joined the local LX car club here in Houston. Its called Space City LX Modern Mopar. A real tight knit group of folks dedicated to these new Mopar cars! http://www.spacecitylx.com is the link if any of you are interested. Great group of people and lots of monthly activities. Foodie runs, Meet & Greets, get togethers and awesome loooong cruises around South and Central Texas.

Here are a few pics to ponder,

Attachments:
DSCN2379.JPG
DSCN2379.JPG [ 117.21 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
DSCN2339.JPG
DSCN2339.JPG [ 118.8 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
srt topshot.jpg
srt topshot.jpg [ 123.38 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]

Force Fed Fish
1968 "H" code Formula S Fastback
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:10 pm 

A few more!

Attachments:
File comment: 14 volt Flashtech Halo's
DSCN2349.JPG
DSCN2349.JPG [ 66.66 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
File comment: "Terminators"
DSCN2347.JPG
DSCN2347.JPG [ 109.61 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
File comment: Me SMOKIN' a 2012 392 Hemi Chally at Lonestar Mopar Fest in October 2012.
srtdragn392challyavatar.jpg
srtdragn392challyavatar.jpg [ 49.16 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm 

Few more,

Attachments:
File comment: $26 ebay Gobo projectors in the bottom of the door panels
DSCN2313.JPG
DSCN2313.JPG [ 161.16 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
File comment: Windshield Decal
DSCN2393.JPG
DSCN2393.JPG [ 233.41 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]
DSCN2359.JPG
DSCN2359.JPG [ 226.41 KiB | Viewed 38832 times ]

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 pm 

Man, hate to see you part with the fff, but the SRT gives you a solid daily driver, fun car, and track car all in one pack...with good mpg, lol.

I'd been looking in to the projector lights, but couldn't find anyone to match ebay prices...Most list them at $49.99, found a few at $35 w no stock...I had no idea they'd project that large though. I was thinking maybe like 12" diameter max.

Are you running straight pipe all the way back? I'd love to hear it.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 am 

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 am 

Oh, I was referring to the Mopar logo ghostlight as the "projector" lol. But I am with you on the actual projector housings...

Very nice, maybe I'll get to hear it some time!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 pm 

Attachments:
DSCN2399.JPG
DSCN2399.JPG [ 235.13 KiB | Viewed 38789 times ]

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:04 am 

Haha, no problem...I just really didn't expect them to be that big...Mopar is what I would run though.

I think we have an AAMer that may try to make it down this year...he has talked about it the last several. Our big show is the 2nd weekend in October.

Only bad thing about Houston is the drive...I can get to Cheyenne before I make it to the Gulf, lol. Actually never been to Space City...I caught up with a girl I hadn't talked to in awhile and she graduated from A&M and said she was now in Houston.

I've made a few shows in the San Antonio area, but mainly just bc they coincided with trips. If I was there, anywhere in the Hill Country, or Dallas I would go every year.

I'll see if we can get some more interested in it...

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2