Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 1968 Charger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 pm 

I wish I could get more done, just traveling too much. Im in York,PA until Apr, then come back the week of Spring Carlisle which not too bad. I had a set back with the center Console. I was trying to widen to fit in place and ended up melting a big chunk out of it where the cover mounts to. I am looking around for another 6sp console from a Challenger so I can piece together much better now that I know what I have to do. I will write a little about it and post pics so you can see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm 

Sorry to hear about the center console...at least you aren't have to pick up a 68-70 center console! I would hope the salvage yards aren't too proud of the late model consoles just yet. I suppose if you get a blank one you can add in the 12volt plug etc.

Definitely keep us posted and enjoy the shows up there!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm 

Sorry to hear about the center console...at least you aren't have to pick up a 68-70 center console! I would hope the salvage yards aren't too proud of the late model consoles just yet. I suppose if you get a blank one you can add in the 12volt plug etc.

Definitely keep us posted and enjoy the shows up there!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 am 

Any updates? What about the "dash" project?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 pm 

Did they get the dash done in time for SEMA? I've been skimming the site and never see anything new. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger on it this winter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 pm 

Finally getting around to posting updates, been out to different sites so now back home for a bit. As for Dash I haven't heard anything from them, I had one of my friends out at SEMA and he said the dash wasn't shown if it was done. Looks like I will have to go a different route, have a place down in Austin who can reproduce in sheet metal. I have the interior mostly complete and new glass ready for install as well the Magnum 500 Wheel in 17in as the Craiger SST in 15in wouldn't work with the disc brake set up I am using. (SSBC). I have two weeks of down time so should get quite a few things done.

Attachments:
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG [ 240.81 KiB | Viewed 55080 times ]
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG [ 244.35 KiB | Viewed 55080 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 pm 

Very nice, I was just talking to someone yesterday about going with 17s for the Charger. I am looking forward to seeing the Magnums mounted up and on the car.

My issue is that I'm going to have a hard time finding my desired 295s for the 15s. In 17" that is much less of an issue.

I can't believe Classic Dash didn't have it done...I kept checking their site around SEMA to see if it was up. Have you contacted them? If they have your parts you should get something back. I'm hoping they have good news as I'd like to get that done over the winter (finally).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 pm 

I have tried emailing about the dash I sent and haven't heard back, it is one of those things. I took the chance and I need to get it done pretty soon so going with another shop how can get it done before the summer Car shows start popping up. I decided to go with a newer 426 Hemi from Mancini Racing and the Kesler 5 Speed transmission, so all that should be done by Feb. I still have the grill which has been an issue finding parts in excellent shape to get it all pieced together. Using this week to get the small pieces replaced in the interior, had to get some on the door pieces powdered coated in Plum Crazy. Hope you have a all the winter mods done with your rides.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:56 am 

That is odd...I may shoot them an e-mail. As someone looking to buy the product and not get the prototype maybe they'll respond :roll:

Couldn't agree more on the grill...It kills me that we do not have any decent repops on th grill. I followed along closely as a guy in Sweden (if I remember right) crafted a mold and was getting it all done via injection molding from an outfit that does parts for Volvo...he sadly went the route of selling thru some guy on ebay. I heard a few say they bought one, but never heard much feedback on it.

I am really hoping Classic will crank out a grill or find someone to do it...The other outlets just don't seem to want to make it happen.

There is a nice restoration database on DC.com but you will need a long time to skim it and find what you are looking for.

I would like nothing more than to be able to order in a new grill and be done with it....

Sounds like a sweet set up you are going with!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3