[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Lone Star Mopars • View topic - Force Fed Fish

Lone Star Mopars

Welcome to the Mopar Rebellion!
Home Page FAQ Team Search
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Force Fed Fish
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 pm 

Well,
by now most have seen my ride! Been working on it for a little over a year and getting close to firing the beast up! I started with a 1968 "H" code Formula S Fastback Barracuda. It came with a 440 Six Pack when I took possession of it. The old 440 had less than 2500 miles on it before I got the car. Once I took delivery the prior owner had done alot of tinkering with the sixpack and ended up ruining a good engine. He cracked the center carb and in turn flooded the intake with fuel therefore washing the rings out.

So,
I decided to change things up a bit. Looooong story as to why I ended up with a 400 low deck rather than the 383 I had originally got to rebuild. The machine shop I used in Rosehill Tx labeled my 383 as junk due to a crack in the side of the block. Well, it didn't have a crack but a casting flaw. I had traded the 383 for the 400 since I was told it had a crack. It didn't by the way!

Took it back to the same machine shop where it sat for nearly 7 months. I purchased a set of Diamond custom pistons, main girdle, Eagle H-beam rods w/L19 bolts, Forged 383 crank all balanced and a custom ground Scott Brown cam. Got a set of mildley ported 906 heads to start but plan on a set of Eddy's in the future. Edelbrock TorkerII with a Holley based 750 with Hanger 18 mods for boosted application. With the S480 80mm turbo I chose we expect a very conservative 850hp. On paper this setup is expected to exceed 1000hp with the right heads.

I mocked up with the intentions of using my 833 4 speed but have since changed to a full manual reverse low band applly 727. 2800 stall with Hemi internals and Raybestos Blue clutches.

8.75 Suregrip with 3.23's in it at this time but want to change to 2.91 gears later. Turbo's like load! My father and I built a set of CARL-TRAKS like Cal-Tracs. Front end has been totally rebuilt with ES poly bushing including the rear leaf springs. Also converted to front disc brakes.

Fuel system consist of Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, Aeromotive 13202 boost referenced regulator and Aeromotive fuel pump controller. All this coming from a new stock sumped fuel tank.

Ignition is MSD 6AL with MSD BTM and accel Billetproof dizzy.

Getting real close to firing this beast up. I just have a few more things to sew up before I turn the key.

Hope this sums up my build in a nutshell! Enjoy!

I restored the dash with Mirrachrome chrome paint and whiteface vinyl decals and blue led bulbs. Just finish a dual gauge pod for the Uego and the boost gauge. Made it out of some 2"pvc since no one makes "Anything" for these cars!!

Got the body restoration just about finish. All the jambs have been cut in and glass is being installed. Waiting in the channel run weatherstrips before I can assemble the doors. I will paint the exterior of the car later. Got all the stainless polished and working on the aluminum at this time. Now I know why no one wants to mess with polishing aluminum!!

I chose to go with the stock appearance on the interior/exterior so it will be painted back the original QQ1 Poly Electric Blue with the white side stripe and light blue metallic interior. I also chose to keep the stock steel wheels with the 68 poverty caps. I plan on getting the rear wheels widened to 9"s so I can run a 10" drag radial.

Attachments:
progress 006.JPG
progress 006.JPG [ 241.16 KiB | Viewed 138158 times ]
progress 004.JPG
progress 004.JPG [ 246.2 KiB | Viewed 138158 times ]
File comment: Before the new transplant/resto
68 cuda.jpg
68 cuda.jpg [ 222.14 KiB | Viewed 138158 times ]

Force Fed Fish
1968 "H" code Formula S Fastback
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

Last edited by CUUDAK on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Force Fed Fish
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:18 pm 

More pics

Attachments:
DSCN1925.JPG
DSCN1925.JPG [ 230.41 KiB | Viewed 138157 times ]
DSCN1952.JPG
DSCN1952.JPG [ 236.12 KiB | Viewed 138157 times ]
DSCN1951.JPG
DSCN1951.JPG [ 233.87 KiB | Viewed 138157 times ]

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm 

That is a sweet dash. The whole set up is very nice. Hope to see to Video when fired up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 pm 

Looks great, can't wait to see how it runs and the times you turn out. If you need a good machine shop in the future just let me know.

The 400 is actually a great motor, very underappreciated.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
Founder, Lone Star Mopars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:22 pm 

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 pm 

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:17 pm 

one nice ride.

2009 CHALLENGER RT,inferno red, auto,SRT sway bars, Eibach-Pro lowering Kit, Mopar strut brace(painted),Mopar-hood struts,Mopar-floor mats,Moroso-catch can,180T-stat, Prediator tuner, Cervini-Ram Air unit(painted),Mopar 10 strut caps,JLT-cold air intake, Challenger door sill, Mopar pedals,Mopar chrome wheel caps,Colgan Custom Bra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 am 

Awesome, can't wait till you've got it out on the road!

It would be a transit, but if you ever have issues or need Mopar people, I would recommend D&L Machine in Canyon, TX 806-655-5588.

The thing I love most about an old Mopar being a turbo car is no one expects it :twisted: I wanted to do that with my Duster, but it'll have to wait awhile, lol. Perfect fit for the 68 fish!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:13 pm 

Got the radiator hoses on and filled with water. No leaks! Set the pump controller at 10% and hooked it to a squeeze bulb to activate it. 14#'s steady on the gauge. Fired it up for a short period and warmed it up. Run the cam in and noticed fuel seeping from the top of the regulator then looked over to the hose hooked up to the boost port and fuel was trickling out. Shut it down before something bad happened! Just ordered a new service kit for the regulator. Thank God it happened before I got serious with it.

Haven't hooked up the turbo yet since the BTM isn't working. But let me tell ya!!!!

This low deck sounds pretty damn mean!!! Nice crisp throttle response! I am soooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

This thing is gonna be something WICKED!!

I get the small bugs worked out then I will post some video! I think there is a song my wife sings for this__________"Anticipation"__________...

Force Fed Fish
Now 411" S480 Turbo'd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 am 

I'm excited just after reading the post, can't wait for the vids!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next